• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

earth now availible for incred

Im using the google earth live wall paper. I get wows all day from people. You can change the distance of earth to the phone screen and you can have the moon orbit right by the screen and it looks amazing. Got to love it....

is the live google earth live wall paper from the market? What your experience with live wallpaper? Does it drain a lot of battery by having it?

Upvote 0
Im using the google earth live wall paper. I get wows all day from people. You can change the distance of earth to the phone screen and you can have the moon orbit right by the screen and it looks amazing. Got to love it....

If it's the one I think you are thinking about it's not from Google. It's called Earth Live Wallpaper. If I'm mistaken please point me in the direction of the wallpaper you are speaking of.

Upvote 0
It's from google. Google buzz

To those that have downloaded it, is it still around 22mb installed. This its what it is on the nexus. I assume it's the same. It's nice and all but until we get root or 2.2 it takes up too much space.
Space really is not an Issue on Incredible. With 748 mb user data I can not imagine ever having issues with space. I have a ton of stuff installed (including Earth) and I'm only using 135mb.

Upvote 0
is the live google earth live wall paper from the market? What your experience with live wallpaper? Does it drain a lot of battery by having it?

The earth live wall paper is amazing. I refuse to have a still wallpaper. This one is really cool. The image is an actual picture of the earth and moon updated every hour. I love to show the earth and moon orbiting to kids and adults for that matter and show how the sun shades the planet.

Upvote 0
The earth live wall paper is amazing. I refuse to have a still wallpaper. This one is really cool. The image is an actual picture of the earth and moon updated every hour. I love to show the earth and moon orbiting to kids and adults for that matter and show how the sun shades the planet.

I must admit this is pretty cool, even for us older guys. I don't know how much of my battery it uses but it's very cool.

Upvote 0
Did you previously install it manually?

If so, uninstall that first, then attempt an installation from the market again.

No i have not installed it manually. There is nothing saying it is installed but maybe when i let my friend mess with the phone for an 15 mins he might of then deleted it but thats the only way i could see it being installed at all. But looked under apps and nothing

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones