1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Ease of Keyboard

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by linds0390, Feb 20, 2011.

?

Which phone has a better keyboard?

Poll closed Feb 27, 2011.
  1. Fascinate

17 vote(s)
    89.5%
  2. Incredible

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Both are equal

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  4. Neither

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. linds0390

linds0390 Member

My upgrade is coming up in march and I have been debating between the fascinate and the dinc but I am seriously leaning towards the fascinate, which will be my first touch screen only phone. I am concerned about the ease of the keyboard and adapting to touch screen only. Which phone's keyboard is easier to type on; the fascinate or the dinc?

Advertisement

2. davidnmegan6907

davidnmegan6907 Android Expert

I haven't used dic..but fascinate was my first touchscreen only phone and it only took me maybe 4-5 days to be 100% comfortable with it

3. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Android Expert

I like the Fascinate keyboard better than the Incredible, just because of the size. The screen is bigger on the Fascinate and makes it easier to type on for me. I wouldn't get the Incredible, but that is just me, I would consider the Fascinate or the Thunderbolt.

But hey who am I.

4. Lars

Lars Android Expert

SF has a wider screen.

5. speedfreak

speedfreak Well-Known Member

I would go with the SF because the bigger the screen the bigger the keys will be. Plus it has better ergonomics and better battery and it's not 3 years old.

But If you'd wait a few months I'd go for the thunderbolt. Same ergonomics and almost same physical size but a bigger screen.

6. meek_reese

meek_reese Member

haha, the Incredible is less than a year old...

Anyway, I would go for the Fascinate over the Incredible for the same reasons as everyone else.

Maybe you should post this poll over on the Incredible forum and see what they think over there.

7. pfink42

pfink42 Lurker

I miss having a real keyboard but I like the thin phone. ....
    YMMV

8. I loved my keyboard on my env3. If the phone didnt have swype I probably would not have gone with the fascinate. I always miss the keys on a touch screen. Swype makes things so easy.

9. nklenchik

nklenchik Android Enthusiast

You sure you're not going to go a dual core phone with LTE? I mean, the Fascinate came out in September...that's getting oldish for the tech world :D The Droid Boinic and HTC Thunderbolt should be coming out fairly soon.

10. tkyleus

tkyleus Newbie

Standard Keyboard is great with Swype - Also found the VLINGO (Vlingo is free voice to text app) keyboard a nice addition and is very accurate in Landscape

11. linds0390

linds0390 Member

i have seriously considered the thunderbolt but i think the screen might be a little too big for my liking.

12. nklenchik

nklenchik Android Enthusiast

The Fascinate and the Thunderbolt are pretty much the same size, the Thunderbolt just uses screen size better to fit that extra .3 inches in there

13. linds0390

linds0390 Member

i really love how the fascinate's menu scrolls left and right instead of up and down. is there a way you can make the HTC phones do that?

14. saps

saps Extreme Android User

Wow no Dinc votes. Yeah the extra real estate is probably FTW

15. tystevens

tystevens Member

The Fasc is my first touchscreen phone, coming from a Palm Centro w/ a physical pad. Like others have said, after a couple days, no issues w/ the touch screen. I really like it, and haven't wished for a physical keyboard yet.

Good luck!

16. cherring82

cherring82 Newbie

The Thunderbolt is a lot weighter and thicker than the Fascinate. I really like the keyboard on the Fascinate but I only use Swype..