1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Easiest way to add Googleplay?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Troglodad, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Troglodad

Troglodad Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2009
    I've read a lot of differen threads now on how to get more out of this ereader/tablet.

I bought one for my thirteen year old so she could read books, check her email and maybe play some simple games from the Android/Google market.

I'm not interested in rooting and playing with all sorts of other features. I just want to add Googleplay.

What's the easiest way to do this? And please provide links to the actual download files. I have downloaded the White file, but while there was mention of a black update, I haven't been able to find it.

Advertisement

2. kadimi

kadimi Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I don't remember installing Google Play, maybe you'll be promted to install it when you access google play - http://play.google.com/ - from your phone, then you'll just have to press OK, Yes; Install or whatever it is...

3. Troglodad

Jan 22, 2009
    Noep- visiting play.google.com didn't work. I was able to browse apps, but the button to install wouldn't work.

4. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    I'm retired: every day's a Monday :P
    Manchester, TN
    You don't have the Play market on your tablet?

If you don't then you will want to find a recent .apk of Play. Google for it. Make sure that "unknown sources" is checked in Settings so you can side-load the app. Once it is loaded, it will update itself from Google.

5. Troglodad

Jan 22, 2009
    Nope, the tablet came with a B&N market of sorts, but not Google Play. This is my 13 year old's tablet and she's fussing quite a bit she can't play the same games on it I have on my Toshiba tablet.

I'll give this a try tonight- thank you very much!