• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Easiest way to add Googleplay?

Troglodad

Jan 22, 2009
I've read a lot of differen threads now on how to get more out of this ereader/tablet.

I bought one for my thirteen year old so she could read books, check her email and maybe play some simple games from the Android/Google market.

I'm not interested in rooting and playing with all sorts of other features. I just want to add Googleplay.

What's the easiest way to do this? And please provide links to the actual download files. I have downloaded the White file, but while there was mention of a black update, I haven't been able to find it.

You don't have the Play market on your tablet?

If you don't then you will want to find a recent .apk of Play. Google for it. Make sure that "unknown sources" is checked in Settings so you can side-load the app. Once it is loaded, it will update itself from Google.

Nope, the tablet came with a B&N market of sorts, but not Google Play. This is my 13 year old's tablet and she's fussing quite a bit she can't play the same games on it I have on my Toshiba tablet.

I'll give this a try tonight- thank you very much!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones