1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Easiest way to share apps

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by holgalee, May 18, 2011.

1. holgalee

holgalee Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 23, 2010
    Hiyee...a friend of mine got an android phone as well, and I'm eager to share with her some apps. What's the quickest way for her to install them, without searching the market?

I've tried Bump but it doesn't always work I think. I don't want to email or sms her the links either, as I think that's cumbersome. So, short of going to a pc to copy and paste the .apks, what's the fastest way to share?

TIA.

Advertisement

2. clipperqb

clipperqb Well-Known Member
    None

May 3, 2010
    Male
    When you open your app drawer do you have an app called "App Sharing"?

3. TheSultan

TheSultan Android Expert
    None

Mar 6, 2010
    Operations Manager
    Rochester, NY
    as clipper has said... App Sharing is the probably the easiest. Or, get an AppBrain account and use that.

4. holgalee

holgalee Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 23, 2010
    Thanks, but I don't see app sharing. Do you mean share this application in my apps in Market?

5. clipperqb

clipperqb Well-Known Member
    None

May 3, 2010
    Male
    Do as Sultan suggests and go to appbrain.com from your PC and set-up a free account - use the primary gmail account you use on your phone. Once you have that go to the market on your phone and install appbrain, once installed open your app drawer and launch it. press the Manage and Sync icon then press Sync. This will create a record of your installed apps on your appbrain account on the web (handy of you ever need to re-download all your apps). Now select one of your installed apps (still in the appbrain app on your phone) and an option list will come up, select Share with friend. You'll then get a list of options.

You can also use your appbrain account on the web to share your entire list.