• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Easiest way to transfer data and contacts to replacement Desire

Zaichik

Aug 6, 2010
I am getting my Desire replaced because of a screen issue and, having got all my contacts set up with photos and linked, I am wondering if there is an easy way of transferring all of this to the new phone as is.

Also, how can I back up aps, settings and text messages?

use mybackup pro to backup your settings and files to your sd card then install it on the new phone and restore the settings etc to it.

make sure you use the same googlemail login and password on the new phone as you used on the old, otherwise you wont have access to synced contacts or apps bought on the market on the new phone.

Upvote 0
I'd use Google to sync my contacts and Mybackup to get the apps back on there (albeit without the app data unfortunately).

I've never successfully had MyBackup backup and restore things like User Dictionary / bookmarks etc, but this may just be me as the creator says it should work.

Upvote 0
I know this is a bit late for you, but just in case anyone else is searching the forum for advice on backingup and then restoring text messages like I was, I would recommend SMS Backup & Restore by Ritesh Sahu. It backed up all my texts into a text file on my SD card and then when I got my replacement phone I clicked on restore and not only did it restore all my texts perfectly, it also got rid of all the duplicate ones (I did a software update a while back and afterwards ended up with duplicates of all my texts). Result!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones