• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Easiliy managable to do-list?

I've not been able to find this yet...and that kinda bothers me, this being the reason i decided to get an android phone in the first place.

Imagine a typical to do-list:

-buy milk
-meet friend
-cook dinner
-whatever

What I want is for ALL of these tasks to be visible from the home screen, so I get reminded every time I check the time!

Ideally, I should be able to alter said list simply/quickly just by tapping the widget & deleting items/entering new text.

Is there such an app already available? Because as yet, I haven't been able to find it ^^

Been very cheap and decided to buy a HTC Tattoo, could that be part of the problem?

Thanks in advance!/Magnus

OI Shopping List is what I use.
It is free.
You can add qty and prices that will automatically cumulate the total at the bottom.
Can be export as a csv file or even be send by email.

When you are done with a task you can simply tap the item and it will be checked off.
Then Shake the phone to clear the screen from the checked items.

Very easy to use.

Upvote 0
Gtasks does this and is linked to google tasks. It used to be free but now it costs unfortunately. I just use google tasks directly from my browser and have created a shortcut on my home screen. No widget that way though.

gTasks is still free. There is a free and paid version. The paid version has auto-syncing. I'm still using the free version and like that all my tasks are backed up in the cloud (even if I have to sync manually).

Upvote 0
Thanks all!

Testing Astrid right now....I find the text on that app much more readable (from the home screen) than that on gtasks.

Incidently, is there any way to enlarge the widget/making the text easier to read?

Found one option in the menu where you could change "note size" and "font size" but ufortunately that didn't do much..

sorry for being such a pain! =D

Upvote 0
Personally, I'm using the web-based version of Google Tasks at the moment, but only because I've had my Android phone for a day as yet!

As it stands, I'll be sticking with anything that uses Google Tasks due to its easy syncing with my mail and calendar between my phone and PC. Correct me if you think this is too blinkered a perspective!

gTasks and Pure calendar both sound like interesting prospects at the moment!

Upvote 0
I've dld gtasks now and I kinda like it....thanks for the suggestion!

Especially, I like the fact that I can write my tasks on an actual keyboard and then get said tasks loaded from the cloud into my mobile =)

Two questios remain though:

-Is it possible to make the actual widget larger/more eye-catching (or at least the text?)

-Does anyone know if Pure calendar is available for HTC Tattoo? (Does not seem to appear in Market for me...)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones