1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Easy Awake? Quick Dial? Better Notify?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by vpr80, Nov 9, 2009.

1. vpr80

vpr80 Lurker
    None

Nov 9, 2009
    Couple of random annoyances since moving over from the BB Curve. I don't want to have to open the physical keyboard for any of these. Don't like the slide feel or the actual keyboard, just want to use the touch screen.

1) Is there a way to wake it up faster than having to (1) press the button on top then (2) swipe right to unlock?

2) How can I do 1-Touch speed dials on this thing? I need a fast way to unlock then speed dial someone. Right now it takes at least 6 commands to get the phone to unlock then go into the phone app, then contacts, then find the one you want then dial them. Waaaay too many key presses when I need to do this while diving.

3) How do I customize my Phone Favorites?

4) The tiny notifications are not enough for me, why don't the actual icons change? For example, when I get email, I want the actual icon to change and not just the tiny one to appear in the notification bar on top.

5) Is there a way to do custom notification schemes? For example, I want one regular that rings and beeps on everything, then I need a quite one that only vibrates on calls and texts while I am at work, no email notifications. Then I need a full vibrate one for quite on all notifications.

I like the phone, but I am having a hard time getting used to the amount of touches and clicks that you need to do to get things done. Everything seems to take too long with too many commands compared to the blackberry where everything was quick and easy.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. mobileT83

mobileT83 Lurker
    None

Nov 7, 2009
    +1 I would like to see a star with a number in it as to how many new emails, txt/sms, or gtalk notifications there are.

+1 I asked this same question in the Droid tips, tricks, and easter eggs sticky.. you may want to check that area out for answers to your other questions.

3. Granada

Granada Newbie
    None

Nov 6, 2009
    To set up a one touch direct dial press and hold on an empty spot on the home screen. Then select "Shortcuts". Then "Direct Dial" and finally select the contact you want. I have one home screen that is half full of direct dial contacts that makes it simple to call those that I do the most.
    Justin

4. silverhack

silverhack Member
    None

Nov 6, 2009
    Programmer
    Sacramento, CA
    You can also hold down the search button so that the voice search box comes up and you can dial by voice. Just say "Call Bob Smith on mobile phone"