1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Easy Exchange ActiveSync Questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by onyx00, Sep 24, 2010.

1. onyx00

onyx00 New Member

Jun 14, 2010
    If I receive an e-mail notification via Exchange ActiveSync on my phone (Evo), but then I read it on my PC - the notification remains until I clear it on the phone, correct?

It seems my Evo does not reconcile e-mails ready from my PC until I actually open the Exchange mail application on my Evo and then I see it go and synchronize and it updates the e-mail inbox view to show and accurate status of read/unread.

I currently have the Evo set to synchronize as items arrive - could this be the issue?

Advertisement

2. jeremylobaugh

jeremylobaugh Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Ericsson contractor for Sprint - Switch Technician
    Erie, PA, USA
    I have to be honest, and tell you that I really can't understand your post 100%, but I can tell you that when I open and email in Outlook (2010) or the web client, the read status of that item will update on my handset on the next send/receive cycle(every 15 minutes) even if I have not opened it on the handset. The mail server runs Exchange 2010.

3. Cleetis

Cleetis Member

Oct 7, 2010
    I know what you are saying. I don't have your problem because i have my auto sync off. Only when I click on my exchange email does it go out and retreive my email. I have no problems with that. When I open an email on either my phone or on outlook, they sync with no problems. If i delete from my phone, it deletes in my outlook and visa versa... Are you using touchdown or anything like that? I don't. I have heard problems with that though...

4. jeremylobaugh

jeremylobaugh Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Ericsson contractor for Sprint - Switch Technician
    Erie, PA, USA
    I use the stock mail app, it does what I need :)

Tags: