• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Easy guide to update to Galaxo or GAOSP!

did you try from the beginning (ie. flashing again) or just the restore part?

on an unrelated note, someone wanna chime in on my situation? (mounting sdcards does nothing on win xp 32 bit with adb drivers installed, unless mass storage only -mode is enabled; is this normal?)

btw, when you enable swap, how large is the partition? or is it customizable?

Upvote 0
did you try from the beginning (ie. flashing again) or just the restore part?

btw, someone wanna chime in on my situation? (mounting sdcards does nothing on win xp 32 bit with adb drivers installed, unless mass storage only -mode is enabled; is this normal?)

I didn't try begining onwards, But i done again update, and restore g.app. still gapp restore aborted

i coudn't flash begin onwards, bcz usb is not detecting to phone

Upvote 0
SOME ISSUES WITH GALAXO 1.6.3.3!!!!!please help
Following are some of the issues i am facing (till now) after updating my galaxy yesterday to 1.6.3.3

1] Its not allowing me to create new contacts (error-android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly)

2]Its not playing MP4 files for me ....

please help Guyssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
I have the problem where I have to update the Android 1.0 software on the phone during the fastboot, but even though I select the same android_usb.inf as in the previous steps, it does not seem to work, it says that the component does not have any information relative to my device. I tried using the recovery in the cmd.exe anyway but it didn't work either. I have a Bell i7500L which I updated using the other guide with Odin and the russian JC6 files, if that helps.

Upvote 0
I have the problem where I have to update the Android 1.0 software on the phone during the fastboot, but even though I select the same android_usb.inf as in the previous steps, it does not seem to work, it says that the component does not have any information relative to my device. I tried using the recovery in the cmd.exe anyway but it didn't work either. I have a Bell i7500L which I updated using the other guide with Odin and the russian JC6 files, if that helps.

Issue solved over private messages. ;)

The solution was simply to try the other .inf files.

Upvote 0
Have tried this several times over the last few days each time getting to the point of freezing at the android screen. I have been able to resore to the nandroid backup I created each time before applying the SD update.

I'm pretty sure the best advice going with this at the moment is along the lines of just keep trying it so I shall continue until I become to p155ed off with it to bother any further for a while.

For now I persevere - Is there a log file created automatically that can be accessed and checked for this issue?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you may be able to offer

Upvote 0
Have tried this several times over the last few days each time getting to the point of freezing at the android screen. I have been able to resore to the nandroid backup I created each time before applying the SD update.

I'm pretty sure the best advice going with this at the moment is along the lines of just keep trying it so I shall continue until I become to p155ed off with it to bother any further for a while.

For now I persevere - Is there a log file created automatically that can be accessed and checked for this issue?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you may be able to offer

first of all,download win 7 drivers.there is a link somewhere on this thread.
I could not do anything for days,and when installed drivers all steps went like a charm.

Upvote 0
first of all,download win 7 drivers.there is a link somewhere on this thread.
I could not do anything for days,and when installed drivers all steps went like a charm.

Hi, Thanks for this but I'm actually running XP at the moment so I guess those drivers won't make a difference. Besides, I already have the device recognised.

Thanks all the same.

Upvote 0
argh! im stuck on the 15 seconds thing. windows xp, attempting to update android 1.0. cannot complete you do not have the necessary sofftware!

please please help please please please

Well I have not tried this but you can.
Use this to flash JC6

This is said to have JC6 firmware with removed CSC and integrated Recovery 4.6.3.

Then you can Power down device and then boot into recovery (volumedown+dial+power)....you should see a nice big galaxo recovery menu with plenty of options.

Then you can update to Galaxo 1.6.3.3 using the zipped files.

Also more Integrated Recovery with JC6 here

Upvote 0
sorry mate, but could you slow that down a little?

is this instead of trying to move the earth in 15 seconds or should it be easier?

Exactly...This is to ensure that you dont have to do the process you are doing.

The so called 15 sec race is to install the drakaz recovery over-riding the default system recovery.

The link to the firmware ( actually link given by informale ) is the donut 1.6 firmware XEJC6.

So you have to start fresh install the firmware again and when you are complete you should have recovery menu installed by itself so, now no need to install recovery manually.

Then you can go into recovery.

Is that ok dude.

Upvote 0
what?

i said "don't you need", not "you don't need"

Oh Ok :D

Actually that particular version of JC6 firmware has integrated Recovery 4.6.3 with CSC removed. Well I didnt try it ... but I suppose it will do the trick.

Surprisingly I installed the Android 1.0 without any 15 sec thing
I did that without much hassle as reported in so many posts here...

Strange is all I can say about the whims of Rooting ;)

Anyways ... You Still on a vanilla donut ??

Upvote 0
Anyways ... You Still on a vanilla donut ??
yes - for a while i didn't switch to galaxo because people were reporting the no-sleep bug, which i didn't get apart from a couple of times after updating to donut
after that, i've kinda been waiting for a stable gaosp with camera; at the pace it was going it seemed like it be done really soon, tho' it's been quite a while now

i'm a very light user, so while i do recognize that this firmware is a piece of shit, i've lived with it 'cause i don't wanna go through the hassle of resetting everything (settings, apps etc.) all the time (so i'm still just waiting for gaosp)

i think i'm right in saying i've only updated the firmware once - from ig9 to jb2

Upvote 0
yes - for a while i didn't switch to galaxo because people were reporting the no-sleep bug, which i didn't get apart from a couple of times after updating to donut

i think i'm right in saying i've only updated the firmware once - from ig9 to jb2

I have been using Galaxo 1.6.3.3 over XEJC6 for over a month and can confirm that it does not have a sleep-bug.

As for the GAOSP ... Yes its going to change Galaxy like never before but I'm not sure about how the camera will fare on it as Samsung has refused to extend the camera drivers to the individual developers. So thats precisely why camera on the GAOSP has such a low priority right now.

Anyways I rem'r a dude was working on the camera and I hope some inroads are made into it.

A Galaxy running Froyo with Cynogen Mod would be a spoiler without its camera ( Reason many preferred it over the much powerful Spica 5700.

Upvote 0
i think its an issue with my computer maybe.
when i attempt to update the android 1.0 drivers, there is not an option for me to open the correct file, just the folder. its driving me crazy and the more i read, the more confused i get!

Craftyboy8 ... My two cents again ;)

Start fresh...Remove everything...every trace of samsung drivers...If possible use crap cleaner's inbuilt registry cleaner...And give a shot to the firmware I spoke about.

Also have a look at Droid Explorer...Some have had success with the drivers built into it.

Also if nothing works...Work your way up from a different system ( Again this has worked for one person here..I clearly remember it )

Also...Make sure you work on a windows xp 32 bit...windows 7 and 64 bit systems have some issues..Though I was able to install XEJC6 on a Windows 7 64 bit but could install Android 1.0 only on windows XP 32 bit.

One last word...Perseverance holds the key to a Rooted Galaxy :)

Upvote 0
Hi everyone, I have got a problem..
I completed every step and than I clicked "Reboot system now" in the Recovery mode.
It started to turn on, but then it stopped on the screen where is that green droid and on the screen is written ANDROID... It was loading but then the blue line stopped going left-right and that's it.
So can anyone help me fix this issue?
Thank you very much :)

EDIT: finally I managed to get my phone working, I just tried updating and restoring G. apps several times until my phone rebooted normally.
Thank you for galaxo, it's great :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones