1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Easy question

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by tbonejerry, Feb 13, 2016.

1. tbonejerry

tbonejerry Newbie

This should be an easy question but I'm not familiar with the Android system. I looked but couldn't find the answer in search. How do I transfer a file from my pc to my RCA 11 Maven Pro using a usb cable. I am running Windows 7 Pro on my pc. The tab is running 5.0 Lollipop.

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

I use ES file explorer, an app from the play store, set it up for LAN, and you can then see and copy files straight from your PC to phone using the app right on your phone. No cables needed.

3. tbonejerry

tbonejerry Newbie

This in not a phone but a tablet and I rather do it through a USB cable.

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Connect tablet to PC, select "MTP mode" from the notification bar menu, and that should be it, will appear in My Computer.

5. Dannydet

Works on Android tablets as well, which I also use on my tablet. Why cables? The app works perfectly. If you are dead set on Cable, just connect your tablet to your PC using the USB connector and open file explorer on your PC, find your phone, which will be seen, then drag and drop files to the tablet.

6. tbonejerry

tbonejerry Newbie

I connected it to the pc, opened the notification menu but no MTP mode. It has my WiFi, Bluetooth
    , location, airplane mode, landscape, Cast screen and Audio profiles. Is this the correct menu?

7. Dannydet

You should see the tablet/storage. Thats where you should be able to drag files to transfer onto the tablet.

8. tbonejerry

tbonejerry Newbie

The only storage I show on the tablet is internal and the sd card I have installed

9. tbonejerry

tbonejerry Newbie

Also I don't see the tablet on my pc when I open my computer. Do I have to turn something on?

10. Dannydet

OK, so now you should be able to copy a file to either one of those 2 places.

11. tbonejerry

tbonejerry Newbie

My PC doesn't have file explorer. I'm running windows 7 pro

12. Dannydet

You need to open windows explorer on the PC...then you should see it in the list along the left side

13. tbonejerry

tbonejerry Newbie

Hu ?

14. Dannydet

Go to the bottom left side of your screen, the start tab, go to all apps, accessories, explorer, and click on it. It is there you can see it.

15. tbonejerry

tbonejerry Newbie

I opened windows explorer but do not see the tablet.

16. Dannydet

Does it show the C drive, and others?

17. tbonejerry

tbonejerry Newbie

Yes it shows the C drive and F drive : which are both my other internal drives but nothing else

18. Dannydet

Sounds like you need to setup device manager for USB on your PC. Until you do that it will not see it. Only alternative is the ES file explorer I spoke about

Attached Files:

19. Dannydet

Mikedt also gave you info to double check....

20. tbonejerry

tbonejerry Newbie

I'll try the es file explorer next. Hey gotta run for now. Thanks for the help and I'll get back with you later.

21. Dannydet

On your tablet, whenever you connect a USB cable, it either connects as charging, or connects as MTP mode, which Windows will then see it in explorer

22. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Check the USB cable, try another one if necessary. Also be aware that some USB cables are only wired for charging, and not fully wired for data, especially cheapo ones.

Dannydet and AZgl1500 like this.
  23. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

I do similar to this but use ASUS File Manager as it is a bit easier to use that way.
    * File Manager ASUS - Android Apps on Google Play

also just a regular USB cable from the PC to the phone works quite well, I just don't like the long delay it takes for the phone to be recognized by the PC... but it works well.

Dannydet likes this.
  24. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

Agree on the 1st part, but added in a post just prior to this one about ASUS File Manager is especially setup to do the LAN thing.

I really like the fact that if Images is all you want to move, just click on "Images" and it immediately puts the folder with the latest file date at the top of the list... this seems to be about the only way I use it anyway, as I take several PIX and then immediately use this app to put them on my PC at C:\CameraPix

Dannydet likes this.
  25. Dannydet

More info

Attached Files:

#25 Dannydet, Feb 13, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2016