1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Easy Root+CWM+CWM manager no ODIN, No Increase in Binary Counter

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ROHIT345, Nov 26, 2011.

1. ROHIT345

ROHIT345 Newbie
    None

May 1, 2011
    Hi guys,

new here and new SGS2 .This forum has been very helpful with HTC Desire my previous handset.

I rooted my SGS2 without increasing binary counter and managed to install CWM manager and CWM recovery with the following steps. All credits go to respective developers. Please try at your own risk, I am just providing a method which helped me and because I had trouble installing CWM recovery after DooMLord's root.

Basically this is a combination of Chainfire's root for galaxy note and DoomLord's tool for easy rooting.Worked perfectly for me on my Galaxy S2 KF3.

So no need for USB jig to reset counter and no need for ODIN.

1. I rooted my SGS2 through DooMLoRD's Easy Rooting Toolkit [v3.0](zergRush Exploit). [16/Nov][ROOTING/UNROOTING] DooMLoRD's Easy Rooting Toolkit [v3.0](zergRush Exploit) - xda-developers

I am not sure this method works for everybody, but I was on KF3 Kernel and got root in less than 2 minutes.

2. Now getting the custom recovery to flash ROM's and without using ODIN was the difficult part.

ROM manager to flash CWM Recovery gives error signature verification failed as you are still on Samsung Android Recovery 3e.

3. I downloaded the InitialCFRootFlasher.zip from the 2nd post of Chainfire's thread in galaxy note forum [22.11.2011][CF-Root 5.0] KJ1/4/6, KK1/9/A - su+bb+CWM5 - xda-developers

4. Extract the above downloaded file where you will remember.

5. Download the CF Root Kernel for your respective device. Instructions on the thread itself for which Kernel to download. In my case I downloaded from Chainfire's SGS2 root thread CF-Root-SGS2_XW_CLK_KF3-v4.0-CWM4.zip

6. Extract the downloaded CF-Root kernel till you get a zIMAGE file.

7.Place the zImage file from the CF-Root kernel in the zImage folder from InitialRootFlasher
    - Start "already-rooted.bat" and follow the instructions

8. If all went you will have root+CWM Recovery +CWM Manager . No binary counter increase, no ODIN..

Once again its Chainfire and DooMlord's method no credits to me, just posting this if somebody has problems installing CWM recovery and CWM manager as I had trouble after gaining root from DoomLord's method.

cheers

[​IMG]

Advertisement

sakuracandy likes this.
  2. mdevans1

mdevans1 Lurker
    None

Nov 30, 2011
    Thanks, also worked on my ATT SGS2 i777 running KH7