• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Easy Root, The Newest 1-Touch DROID Rooting App

Thank you very much for those helpful information and I definitely will try out those ROMs you mentioned ! :)

Actually I am glad that I closed my eye and clicked the purchase button, I am a happy rooted user now!! :D

get the free version of rom manager. Also the the paid one. You can then flash away. I just loaded jrummys Lithium and it is by far the best rom I have ran so far (been rooted since 2.0.1) you may also want to read up on how to use rom manager it takes some getting used to. But is real easy once you get a feel for it.

Upvote 0
gotcha. Tryin to find reason to not root and go wit the ota..but i cant find any lol. and when the 2.2 root comes out.. i'll just go to the 2.2 and root from there :D

Pretty much what is going to happen is someone is going to get the update.zip and forward it to the devs. Once that happens they will work their magic and we will have the exact same thing as the OTA. I like my wifi tether and ad blocking so I'll just wait for that. To each his own though I guess.

Just a word of caution though. If you install the actual update from Verizon it may take a while to get root. It isn't as easy as update then root. It has to be cracked first. It could potentially take a while so if you want to get rooted you may want to go ahead and do it now.

Upvote 0
Thank you very much for those helpful information and I definitely will try out those ROMs you mentioned ! :)

Actually I am glad that I closed my eye and clicked the purchase button, I am a happy rooted user now!! :D

No problem at all. Have fun trying out the ROMs. It is VERY addicting. Just make sure to make a nandroid backup and backup your apps and you are set to be off and running.

Upvote 0
I have been sitting here for an hour trying to decide to press that "root" button.

I can't seem to do it. Some sort of nagging fear of having to resetup my phone or lose data or something. one of those things that once you have done it you would be like "oh man, if I knew I had to do that, I would not have done it".

Plus, I dont feel like I have the several hours needed to really get into it:

root, download roms, test, learn new 2.2 features, overclock, kernals, etc...

ugh

Upvote 0
Pretty much what is going to happen is someone is going to get the update.zip and forward it to the devs. Once that happens they will work their magic and we will have the exact same thing as the OTA. I like my wifi tether and ad blocking so I'll just wait for that. To each his own though I guess.

Just a word of caution though. If you install the actual update from Verizon it may take a while to get root. It isn't as easy as update then root. It has to be cracked first. It could potentially take a while so if you want to get rooted you may want to go ahead and do it now.

Yea, thats what I meant. Id root before getting 2.2. So afterwords id wait for the 2.2 root to come out and then get that. Instead of getting 2.2 thru ota and waiting with stock 2.2 for the new root

Upvote 0
I have been sitting here for an hour trying to decide to press that "root" button.

I can't seem to do it. Some sort of nagging fear of having to resetup my phone or lose data or something. one of those things that once you have done it you would be like "oh man, if I knew I had to do that, I would not have done it".

Plus, I dont feel like I have the several hours needed to really get into it:

root, download roms, test, learn new 2.2 features, overclock, kernals, etc...

ugh

after doing a lot of reading on it...its not that much of a learning curve..just a few new terms and your good to go. repitive motion. and if you make a mistake you can always upload your old data file and start over with what you left off with.

Upvote 0
Yea, thats what I meant. Id root before getting 2.2. So afterwords id wait for the 2.2 root to come out and then get that. Instead of getting 2.2 thru ota and waiting with stock 2.2 for the new root

but if your root before the 2.2 OTA comes out, you CAN have 2.2 now as you can get 2.2 roms already. thats part of the beauty of rooting.

I dont even understand what your saying here to be honest.. very confusing

Upvote 0
after doing a lot of reading on it...its not that much of a learning curve..just a few new terms and your good to go. repitive motion. and if you make a mistake you can always upload your old data file and start over with what you left off with.

over the months, I have done a lot of reading at times.. but sometimes, you find out when it is to late, that you missed something in all your research - but your to far down the path to turn back and quick process turns into hours of other steps.

also, seems like a lot of work and time and trial and error testing ROMS, kernals, basebands, CPU speed settings, and from I have read reloading apps, etc. this new root app is great, makes the first part easy for sure and worth $1. but the whole point of rooting is what you can do after the basic root start.. and that what I start to think about and just like, man.. am I ready to dive into it. will I loose all my settings. will stuff get deleted. do I have to get that Titanium backup to backup despite already owning a paid backup app. etc.

Upvote 0
I would root if I can ever get a full grasp of it. Once you use easy root and have the phone rooted, what's next. From my understanding is you back up data (can you use easy root to do this or some other app?). Then how do you get a ROM and do you need a ROM...What is a ROM? The main reason I would want to root is to get maximum performance (overclock) as I have too many lags in my phone. Need help. Is it worth to do just to overclock? And once you get the ROM (how do I get the ROM, say Bugless Beast?) what do I do? AM i done?
Thanks fgor helping, just trying to make heads or tails from this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones