• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Easy, Simple, Movie or Music Catalog for any Phone that can host Pictures

I was just looking at available apps for android and found a very popular one called “My Collection”. This app allows you to create catalogs by scanning bar codes of DVDs, CDs, Books and Games.

It looks like a very nice app. It was initially designed so that you could carry your media catalog with you and wouldn’t accidentally buy an item that you already have.

I realized that I already have a really cool list of my movies in my phone all the time. My method of carrying my catalog is extremely easy and simple, so I thought that I would share it here.

I go to Google Images and search for the Movie Title and add the letters DVD ie. (Jaws dvd). I choose based on picture and specs. ie. 324 x 475 - 30k – jpg is ideal. There are larger files but the example I list is best for storage space and presentation. I then rename the JPG to the name of the movie and down load it to my Movies folder in my PC.

I copy the folder Movies to my phone. Now I can view my movie catalog (DVD Cover Pics) with any photo viewer. My favorite is “Floating Image” (fantastic free app). Floating Image even works when tethered and makes a great screen saver. I have 2,200 movies in my collection and I can easily share my list (95mb) with anyone who has a phone or a computer.:D

Can you share movies or just the list of titles. I would love to get a few movies on my Hero for when i am away from home or have some down time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones