1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Easy Tether, PDANet or Klink?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jefboyardee, Apr 22, 2011.

1. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Android Expert
    None

Jan 18, 2011
    Someday I

Advertisement

2. jefboyardee

None

Jan 18, 2011
    Okay, twenty-four hours on two forums, no replies, I have to decide myself -- I’m gonna try Klink first just because it’s newer... unless I get talked out of it.

3. rumplesteelskin

None

Nov 15, 2010
    Please give a review after a few days

4. jefboyardee

None

Jan 18, 2011
    I am amazed, but don’t if it’s because Klink is actually enabling this post or whether I actually made enough correct guesses installing it.

I must’ve done stuff in the wrong order at first; the Droid install, the PC install, the PC drivers, the Droid settings, which to start first, who knows, but it eventually opened the demo links which offered just enough links to prove I was connected.

Then I purchased the full version (another first for me), re-opened the browser with my usual links and here I am. But I might have shot myself in the proverbial foot -- I had the charge slapped onto my Sprint bill, thereby notifying them what I just paid for.

So between you and me, I don’t know why I’m paying fifty bucks a month for an ethernet cable connection anymore -- if Klink is slower, it ain’t bad enough to spook me. I don’t need ultra-bandwidth for my mundane activities, so this works fine.

Anyway, again, I am flat-out amazed!

Caveat: I made note that some reviews complained about the connection dropping. As I wrote the above, that didn’t happen, but now it has. So far, I’ve just had to restart both ends and it comes back.

5. CarrieK

CarrieK Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2010
    Information Systems Analyst
    Nashville, TN
    EasyTether works well for my husband, who is not rooted. You just have to make sure the phone's drivers are installed on your computer as well as the EasyTether software.

6. mhilinski

mhilinski Newbie
    None

Mar 29, 2011
    I use pdanet net for my 3g internet connection and it works great. I highly recommand the free version you can do this by going to June Fabrics PDA Technology Group and downloading it to your phone...

7. jefboyardee

None

Jan 18, 2011
    Okay, for about a week I’ve been using Klink exclusively and only watching the one DTV channel I can get, all in an effort to see what life would be like if I dropped my cable/ISP deal.

Klink has performed very well, noticeably slower than cable but faster than dialup, and drops out very rarely. That works.

But having one TV channel -- I don’t watch it much, but that’s painful. I guess it’s time to go find a DTV forum to pester before I yank...