1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Easy way to bring up different keyboards?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kathayes, Dec 29, 2012.

1. kathayes

kathayes Well-Known Member

1. How can you easily switch between the stock Android keyboard and Swype?

2. When I type on Swype it seems to sometimes add periods when I press the space bar and other times it does not? Why is this?

Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SupperDroid

SupperDroid Member

When you start typing on a text area a small keyboard appears on the notification bar, swipe it down and choose it, then choose any keyboard you have active.

kathayes likes this.
  3. kathayes

kathayes Well-Known Member

I just realized that both the Samsung and Swype keyboards allow you to either type or swype. Anyone have any general thoughts on the pros/cons of either keyboard?

Thanks!

4. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Android Expert

Up to the user I guess. I personally ditched the defaults and went with Thumb Keyboard because it works better for me. I have an easier time typing and accessing special characters without the need to hit the symbol/alpha key. I also had a more difficult time typing on the defaults.

You'll have to play with them personally to find out which suits your needs better.

5. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

Hi
    I think Samsung have done a good job with the inclusion of the line of numbers at the top plus the built in handwriting recognition which I find very accurate.
    Roger

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews