• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Easy Way to Enter Bootloader or CWM

wetbiker7

Extreme Android User
Jun 27, 2011
So-Cal
Hi guys and Gals. I just wanted to pass along some info on an app that allows very easy access to your bootloader or CWM from a powered on phone. This app pretty much does away with having to power down your device, pull the battery, then hold vol down + pwr to enter the bootloader and then recovery.

The name of the app is Quick Boot and is available on Google Play. There are both FREE and paid versions of this app. I'm using the FREE version right now but will probably be upgrading to the paid version. It's a very nice app and I suggest you give it a try.

NOTE:

This app needs root access so remember to ALLOW when prompted by SuperUser.

Hope this helps a few of you. I've been using this app for about a year now and love it. :D

I didn't have any luck booting into recovery.

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk 2

What, with this app? Make sure Superuser is allowed. Selecting recovery will take you into CWM and bootloader to bootloader. I've tried them both and it works flawlessly. If it's not working and you've allowed SU them you've got something seriously wrong somewhere. This should work on any phone that's rooted.

I've used it on all 4 of my devices with no problems.:D

Reactions: Mikessv
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones