• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Easy way to play music from Inc. on car stereo

v8dreaming

Apr 19, 2010
If you have a stock stereo without bluetooth etc., this thing is awesome. You can transmit from your phone to this adapter via bluetooth. It also comes with a micro usb cable to charge your phone through the adapter. Also comes with mini usb cable, ipod cable and a 3.5 mm cable.
It also allows you to make and receive calls etc.

For 50 bucks, that's not bad and the sound is pretty good too.

Amazon.com: GOgroove FlexSMART X2 ADVANCED Wireless In-Car Bluetooth FM Transmitter with Charging and Hands-Free Capability - CONNECTS TO YOUR ANDROID THROUGH BLUETOOTH, No need for factory installed bluetooth, THEN TRANSMITS Hi-Fi AUDIO TO YOUR CAR

51CCBtz02ZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I just don't see this as being any better than an FM transmitter. To me going phone >> BT >> FM is going to be much, much worse than just going phone >> FM. I've got a dock with a built in FM transmitter. It's not the best solution, but it works. A simple aux in cable on the car head unit is probably the best solution all the way around.

Upvote 0
I just don't see this as being any better than an FM transmitter. To me going phone >> BT >> FM is going to be much, much worse than just going phone >> FM. I've got a dock with a built in FM transmitter. It's not the best solution, but it works. A simple aux in cable on the car head unit is probably the best solution all the way around.

My car stereo doesn't have an aux in port. I mean, if I wanted to spend the money and time to buy a new head unit and install it, yeah a physical connection will always be best. It works great in my 2005 Scion and the sound is better than the FM modulator I used with my ipod. There are so many ways of doing this, I just wanted to share one that worked well for me and may work for other people.

Upvote 0
Old school here... my stereo in my Excursion has both a CD player and (gasp) a cassette player. I picked up one of those old cassette adapters (looks like a tape with a 1/8" stereo cable attached to it) at Big Lots for $3.00. Pop it in the tape player, plug it into my Incredible, and it's basically the same as an aux in jack. No wireless involved, and I never have to retune the radio to account for interference :)

No style points with the cable hanging out of the cassette slot, but it works perfectly and cost almost nothing.

Upvote 0
Old school here... my stereo in my Excursion has both a CD player and (gasp) a cassette player. I picked up one of those old cassette adapters (looks like a tape with a 1/8" stereo cable attached to it) at Big Lots for $3.00. Pop it in the tape player, plug it into my Incredible, and it's basically the same as an aux in jack. No wireless involved, and I never have to retune the radio to account for interference :)

No style points with the cable hanging out of the cassette slot, but it works perfectly and cost almost nothing.

haha Awesome! I like it.

Upvote 0

I wish my stock corolla stereo had a cassette player so i can do that but it only has a cd player..thinking about investing in a new stereo with aux input

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones