• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Easy way to root

Does anyone have an easy way to root the stylo? King root doesn't work and there are no youtube videos to help root it. I tried following the rooting guide on android forums but the instructions are too complicated as the root guide was made by a Linux user. Can anyone please post something for Windows users that's easier? Thanks in advance.

Does anyone have an easy way to root the stylo? King root doesn't work and there are no youtube videos to help root it. I tried following the rooting guide on android forums but the instructions are too complicated as the root guide was made by a Linux user. Can anyone please post something for Windows users that's easier? Thanks in advance.

First is this your primary phone you use everyday?

Upvote 0
Installed drivers, connected device with USB debugging on, and started program but still the same thing. It's 'waiting for device.' I tried it several times, even with lock screen off, and nothing changed.

This isn't a simple program run, but see if this information helps you. It is process I've always used due to not having success with the executables.  I hope this guidance helps you out.
https://androidforums.com/threads/newest-metropcs-tmobile-6-0-kdz-firmware.1058637/page-4#post-7496010

Reactions: viperdink
Upvote 0
So I tried bkttk2's way. After step 15(Next type "fastboot boot twrp.img" to boot to the TWRP recovery.) the device just restarted with "bootloader unlocked" on the splash screen. It skipped the TWRP boot and it led me straight to set up. I installed SuperSU from playstore and it said that I did not have root. I followed all the steps exactly as written but I dont have root yet. What should I do now?

EDIT: I tried the commands again and booted to TWRP but it opened up to a screen saying "Unmodified System Partition" and the recovery froze.

UPDATE: After many failed attempts, I went back to the original guide (https://androidforums.com/threads/guide-how-to-root-t-mobile-6-0-update.1008880/) and followed the steps over there. Thankfully, it worked. I am now rooted! Thank you guys for your help.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
One Click Root is a safe rooting software and it is very simple to use.

Step 1- download One Click Root and install it on your PC
Step 2- move to your Stylo and enable USB debugging from the settings menu
Step 3- connect your Stylo to your computer via USB cable
Step 4- run the One Click Root software and wait for the rooting process to be completed

Reactions: Chris Glosser
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones