• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EasyRoot Just As Easily Removed From the Android Market

phandroid

Admin News Bot
Apr 12, 2008
EasyRoot was a very simple – but still a very useful (and desirable) – app: you click and you’re rooted (on the Droid and Droid X). For $.99, you save yourself the time and headache of having to research or ask questions over at XDA and watch confusing YouTube videos trying to step you through [...]

More...

IMO if someone is not savvy enough to root old school they should not do it. There is too much danger in nice folks gunking things up. Now what do those nice folks do with their bricked phones? Jump through all the hoops necessary to correct things? Of course not. They go get a new phone under waranty or file an insurance claim. This costs the supporting companies money and these costs get passed on to us.

I love the idea of Android as an open platform but some things are complicated for a reason.

Upvote 0
IMO if someone is not savvy enough to root old school they should not do it. There is too much danger in nice folks gunking things up. Now what do those nice folks do with their bricked phones? Jump through all the hoops necessary to correct things? Of course not. They go get a new phone under waranty or file an insurance claim. This costs the supporting companies money and these costs get passed on to us.

I love the idea of Android as an open platform but some things are complicated for a reason.

Thats a horrible reason to say that a person shouldn't have the right to "easily root" b/c of the cost that insurance companies would make the rest of us suffer. Do they lower the monthly premium if I never make a claim? Hell no. On top of the monthly payment do I have to still pay a deductible? Hell Yes.

If they brick their phone by rooting they're not going to get a warranty claim processed anyway.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones