• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Easytether drops at random or on torrents.

I’ve seen a few people in other threads that have had this similar issue. I’m connecting straight to a USB on my laptop no hubs or anything. Some days ill hold connection all day with no issues. Last 3 days have been solid since the last east tether update. However, when I run a torrent update (specifically the blizzard wow downloader) it drops the connection every time within a minute or so. I have to unplug and replug the usb, or restart the phone to get it to connect back out. After that ill do other things to test the connection to be sure its holding and it’ll run fine until I restart the downloader. I’m trying to fig out if this a block of some type that sprint has on the phone to stop sharing or something or if it’s something I can fix. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

EDIT: I have the paid version of easytether as well.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones