• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Something I wonder is why Verizon doesn't show the Droid Incredible instead of the Droid for those commercials.

You're 100% right! I thought the Incredible was supposed to be the "flagship" device at Verizon. Instead we get like 1 commercial, and all they show is the Incredible sucking paint from a wall. Yikes!

I guess we now know which phone is the real Droid. :(

No dust here either. Where are all those complaints? :cool:

I wasn't aware this was a widespread problem.

yeah me neither, saw a few reports here and there about dust under the screen but really not many

Seriously? At least one post is right on the first page:

http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/69370-dust-under-screen.html

Upvote 0
There are no adds because they can't keep it in stock. Imagine the backlash if they advertised all over the place and everyone was told they have to wait a month for the phone. We were the test market and it looks like they were successful.

Never took a marketing class, I assume. The best thing for Verizon would be if demand was vastly exceeding supply. The media would be all over it, and this phone would be hotter than Elmo at Christmas.

Instead, the media stories today are all about supply shortages, not consumer demand. It makes Verizon look really foolish and ineffectual. According to the stories, Big Red doesn't even have enough pull to get phones made. Instead the parts are being allocated to other, more popular phones. No wonder people refer to the Incredible as "little brother"!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
noone said that NONE of the incredibles had dust under the screen, every phone with a screen has this issue on occasion. but with the few amount of reports out of the 150,000+ incredibles that have been sold, i think this one is pretty decent.

I haven't had problems with my dinc, but I try not to dismiss the complaints of others. For every consumer who makes a complaint, there are often hundreds or thousands with the same problem.

I just thought it was odd that you'd ever approve an ad for a cell phone with the tag line: "eat my dust". Once again, its just bad marketing.

Besides, did you watch that ad? The dude is bragging on Twitter than he ran 3.4 miles in 33 minutes!! That's a 9:42/m pace!! Oprah runs faster than that. If I ever ran that slow, I'd shoot myself in the head, seriously. I certainly wouldn't tweet it to the world.

Upvote 0
noone said that NONE of the incredibles had dust under the screen, every phone with a screen has this issue on occasion. but with the few amount of reports out of the 150,000+ incredibles that have been sold, i think this one is pretty decent.

+1. I didn't know it was a widespread problem. Actually only saw the 1 thread on it today and was quite surprised. I pocket mine all the time and have no dust problems!

Upvote 0
I had a little dust start building up about a week after i got it and it just kept getting worse, so last week I called cust service and they are sending me a new one(not refurb) for free, no ins claim, because it's a manuf. defect. VZW is aware of the problem and will swap your phone with no argument or hassle. Just make sure they don't try to slip you a refurb.

Upvote 0
Something I wonder is why Verizon doesn't show the Droid Incredible instead of the Droid for those commercials.

My guess would be because at the time, they don't need to advertise the Incredible, simply because it's sold out everywhere. Common business sense says why advertise something, that's already selling like hotcakes? In addition, my guess would be that they're going to wait until AFTER the shortage of AMOLED screens from Samsung before they start truely advertising this phone.

Another guess is that they're overstocked on the DROID and trying to clear out some old inventory sooner, rather than sell 5 million Incredibles and be stuck with 1 million DROIDs in their inventory :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones