1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root EB01 bug and kernel questions.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bako, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Bako

Bako Lurker
    None

Feb 16, 2011
    Hello everyone! I'm an original Droid user who recently got a Fascinate, and though I'm used to being rooted and installing custom ROMs and kernels, I'm having some problems I can't seem to find addressed online.

Voice Actions Bug?
    I installed the "debloated" EB01 build a few days ago, and I love it, except that Google Voice Search seems to be broken - it can't connect to my contacts. Whenever you do a voice action involving a contact (e.g. "Text Fred Jones") it simply produces the text form with no name in the "to:" field. I've tried everything but it won't work - anyone else suffering from this problem?

Kernel Question
    Because I really miss the notification light, I've been looking into installing the BackLightNotification app, which requires a modified kernel. They have a list of compatible kernels, but I don't know if either of those listed for the Fascinate would function properly with EB01. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help!

Advertisement

2. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert
    None

Aug 16, 2010
    NJ
    i posted this in the other thread you posted in: bln is not yet possible on fascinate froyo as we dont have source code from samsung (and wont until after the ota) voodoo is the only "mod" we can currently have kernel wise...and we're lucky to have that ;)

3. Bako

Bako Lurker
    None

Feb 16, 2011
    Yes, thanks again. How about the voice actions bug, I've seen a few other people suffering from it out there, but I wonder if it's limited to the "debloated" version or if it's in all EB01 roms.

4. nklenchik

nklenchik Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 23, 2010
    Student
    Yew Nork
    I don't know if it's my theme or an app running, but does anyone's screen stay on while charging? I can't seem to figure this one out. I have to push the power button at night because it won't shut itself off.

5. PeterGunz

PeterGunz Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 18, 2010
    Anybody having theme problems with EB01 SC?

On each version prior to 2.3 I was able to flash themes over Super Clean.

On 2.3, I backed up, wiped cache, and then tried to flash several themes, but was unable to do so each time. I got stuck in boot loops.

Then I flashed SC 2.4, and attempted to flash Revolution. No problem. It worked. However, since then I have been unable to flash themes again.

Anybody else have this problem? Should I Odin back to stock and start with a clean slate?