• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root EB01 will not boot Midnight theme(s)

DejaHu

Lurker
Feb 14, 2011
. Everytime after i flash rom (and it doesnt matter which of the EB101s i use) it stays on a black screen and vibrates during startup, never turns on. i wipe data/cache/davlik each time. try different modems perhaps besides the most up-to-date one? I tried flashing this on top of the deox/debinged EB01 (that had recovery/kernel/rom in one .tar for ODIN) I can literally download any other theme, but this one. Sucks b/c this is the best out there!

I have wiped back to D101 a few times trying to figure this out. Each time the ROM i flash for EB01 is deox. either the superclean2.2 with or w/out voodoo version or the stock deox EDO1 link that someone had. When i have voodoo installed i see the really sharp blue android boot animation. each time it just sits there and vibrates over and over. Copying from other site, really would love for someone to doogie howser the hell out of this for me!

yep. getting my eb01 from an odin file that updates kernel/recovery/rom/modem to EB01.
After that odin flash, I flash via CWM the super clean 2.2 with/without voodoo. so its deox'd. So what were your steps / what items did you have at the time. Was it the eb01 1.1 or 1.0 that flashed well for ya? did you fix permissions? when it "worked" did it sit at black screen for a few minutes then come up with no vibrations? Lastly, did you have voodoo on there at the time of flash. curious what files you used.. thanks bud.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones