1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

EB13 and battery life

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bperry, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Bperry

Bperry Member
    None

Sep 9, 2010
    So I downloaded CWM 2.5.5 ran that, then loaded the EB13-stock-deodex ROM.

I was having horrible battery life with it the first 2 days. I was only getting 6-8 hrs tops. I think I figured it out though.

I was running a backup with Titanium backup and then doing a full app+data restore. I must have had a bad app or a setting didn't jive from DI18 to EB13. When I did the install I followed the instructions by kelmar

http://androidforums.com/epic-4g-all-things-root/293788-question-about-installing-roms.html

from that page and did the wipe x3 and everything worked great.

IDK but today I woke up wiped the data/cache/ and dalvik x3 then installed the ROM only (no restore) and battery life is great.

I am new to this so I may have done the backup or restore incorrectly, or maybe I have a crappy app that is causing the battery drain.

Phone has been up for 8hrs and I have been watching some youtube vids, email, browsing, talking. Certinatly not taking it easy, and it shows 75% battery left in the tank. Awesome!! hope this stays like this.

Advertisement

2. Bperry

Bperry Member
    None

Sep 9, 2010
    now thats weird. I went back over the instructions Kelmar wrote and I noticed I was supposed to use CWM to do a backup. So just for the hell of it I did one and the battery tanked to 20%.

So either that was real intense on the phone and I should have had it plugged in or my battery meter is not showing the correct level.

3. hayzooos

hayzooos Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 9, 2010
    IT BA
    Chicagoland, IL
    Flashing/backing up/etc does to a drain on the battery, but not that much. I have read about this causing an issue with the battery seemingly dropping a TON after a flash or something like that. I cannot remember the fix, but if you head over to XDA and do a search, I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.

4. rounsy222

rounsy222 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 16, 2010
    machinist
    superior wi
    Sounds like your battery needs to be calibrated.

5. Bperry

Bperry Member
    None

Sep 9, 2010
    K I will try calibrating the battery.