1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

EB13 Problem Video and Discussion

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by FreakyLocz14, Feb 24, 2011.

1. FreakyLocz14

Advertisement

2. FreakyLocz14

Has anyone come up with fixes to these problems?

3. jaejaejae

jaejaejae Lurker

i have the same issues....
    is the sync symbol stuck on your notification bar as well?

4. FreakyLocz14

Yes it is. But as long as it's not actually doing anything, I guess it doesn't matter. What I want to fix is my Wi-Fi and the lag with the widgets changing orientation. The Sprint branding and sync symbol things aren't big deals, but I guess I'd fix them if there is a way to do so.

5. PhonerSapien

PhonerSapien Member

I'm quite puzzled by this video and your post. Regardless of what my Display - Auto Rotate says, my home screen, or applications screen, never change orientation when I rotate the phone. If I flip out the keyboard, it goes into landscape, regardless of how the phone is held. When I flip in the keyboard, it goes to portrait, regardless of how the phone is held. Now, any subscreen, or browser window will flip orientation based on how the phone is held, but never the homescreen where widgets appear. I'm not really sure what it did on 2.1 - I should have paid closer attention to it.

6. Flaspeneer

Flaspeneer Well-Known Member

I have to ask: (1) What sort of battery life do you experience running all of those widgets and (2) does the performance improve at all when you remove them and use non-kinetic wallpaper?

Also: Why not buy a $15 desktop camera stand, which you probably need anyway, so that you can focus on what you're saying and doing next time you shoot a video? That might seem like an unnecessary expenditure for a college student, but it looks as if you're making things difficult for yourself.

7. FreakyLocz14

The phone won't change orientation on the home screen when it is flipped. Notice how when I demonstrate the orientation change lag, I flip out the keyboard.

I rarely shoot videos like these. Most videos I shoot allow me to use two hands. I'll look into it though, so thank you for the suggestion.

I actually have decent battery life. I keep my brightness all the way down and have the Power Saving option selected. I always have a chance to charge it midday since I study on campus and charge my phone via USB on the campus computers. I actually forgot to do that one day and still was able to make it through the day and it barely started giving me a low battery warning.

Yes, performance does improve then. In 2.1, I ran just as many widgets and didn't experience lag when switching orientation. I actually do use non-kinetic wallpapers often as well as live wallpapers depending on what look I'm going for.

8. Flaspeneer

Flaspeneer Well-Known Member

You're welcome, and I hope the suggestion didn't sound obnoxious. I remember being in college and having to be a complete minimalist because living situations could change rapidly and I didn't always have a lot of space.

The other reason you should have a desktop stand is in case you have reason to shoot photographs or video of yourself -- video reviews, for example, or shots to send home or to a girlfriend. You have more control that way, and aren't reliant on other people's shooting styles or tastes.

That answers my question, and means your setup isn't necessarily relevant to mine, since I only have one chance per day to charge.

The reason I asked about the kinetic wallpaper was because I wondered whether it affected the slow redraws on your home screen.

9. FreakyLocz14

I've experienced that no matter what wallpaper I am using.

10. pflol

pflol Android Enthusiast

Pretty obnoxious that I cannot use live wallpapers now because I get lag / frame loss when changing homescreens. It didn't do that on 2.1. Not smooth at all when changing homescreens, no matter what launcher or wallpaper

11. anticitizenone

anticitizenone Well-Known Member

the only thing to say is that Samsung is incompetent at best, its been 6 months and they havent gotten things working properly

this EB13 update is the same as the DK28, except for they added a modem for the GPS to work, or some other type of fix for that and something to help with screen rotation

I have 2 Epics, and 1 still has DK28 and one has EB13 - I can compare them and everything is just about the same - the call logs problem and others, so IMO they just changed a couple of things and called it EB13

the problems will probably never get solved and we will never get a properly working version of 2.2 or 2.3 for that matter