• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root EB28--Resident Evil - Red Queen Theme w/kernel AND FULL-ROM.v1

I'm still trying to root with no luck. I was on sdx developers site earlier and came across this kernel resident evil. Now from what I read I think it said you have to be deodexed.. what does that mean? Yep I'm lost lol.. I got questions though.
1. Would the live wallpapers that it has in it make the transform lag in speed?
2. How do I deodexed?
3. Is it compatible with vampirefo or cwm? If not what recovery is it compatible with?
4. Overall I'm looking fora root method that supports live wallpapers with or without a speedboost but really need speedboost though.. any suggestions?

Okay. some things for you to think about....
1. Different root methods don't change things like live wallpapers (there's only one root method, in fact). The things that change these are the kernels or ROMs (ROMs I think, not sure).
2.Also, live wallpapers suck. terrible speeds and battery life (they look cool, though!). the background on this ROM is good though, I've been using this same ROM for a few days
3. To deodex, flash this EB28 Stock theme template (deodexed)
4. This comes with CMW Recovery. You can flash Vamp's easily too though, if you would like the link to the file for that just let me know.

Upvote 0
This goes for flashing anything. Make a folder on your sd card named sdx. within that folder make 3 folders named zip, updates, and backup. Put the rom's zip file into the zip folder.
Boot to recovery
For CMW
Use the volume buttons to navigate to "wipe..." press the camera button to enter this. Go to "Wipe dalvik-cache". Choose this. Now go back to the main menu. Go to "install zip from sd card". press the camera button to enter this menu. enter "Choose zip from sd card". Now simply navigate to the sdx/zip folder and hit menu and flash it :D
PS, deodex first. using the same method
There ya go

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones