• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories eBay 2600mAh Incredible Battery - Anyone test one of these?

DavidinGA

Apr 29, 2010
I ordered one of the Hong Kong 2600mAh batteries for the Inc off eBay this week and I was wondering if anyone who has one has tested it to see what you actually get for the money (for $12 shipped it can't be too bad; can it?). Some people have suggested that the 2600mAh may just be two 1300mAh's stacked etc. can someone with know-how do some testing on one of these fatboy's? Maybe do a OEM 1300mAh vs OEM 1500mAh (HTC TP2) vs Generic 2600mAh?

Thanks

I bought this one...

ViewImage.aspx

...and yes I know in that pic it says for "HTC Hero200"...

Upvote 0
In general, this community has found them to be on par with the OEM 2150 or slightly better in some cases. It's not 2600mah, but it is over 2000 and will give you better battery life than the stock, 1500, or 1750 batteries.

After testing for a week, it seems to last not much better than the 1750. At least it was just $13, but that would have been a 12pack of Sam Adams :(

The battery life kind of behaves like a gas tank. Looks great for the first few hours and not much bar movement and then it accelerates down.

Upvote 0
first day was incredible, then they dropped off. They bigger case and charger make up for the decline in performance. If I decide to get Seidos 3500 I will not have to use their case

Same here, but the weird thing is it seems to have behaved in two steps:

First few days = couple hours longer the S 1750

Since then = no better than stock 1300 and less than the 1750.

The weird thing is it is staying at the 1300 level, but not dropping down more to continue the down trend.

Went back to 1750. Like the bezel protection anyways with the silicon case. $13 experiment and sunk cost. Still, I could have bought a 12 pack of Sammies for that :(

Upvote 0
i got a 1500 mah battery from ebay, its definitly a little better than my 1300 mah OEM one. usually makes it through the day and if it doesnt then i have the OEM battery waiting for me in the car. im still thinking about getting the 2150 oem with extended case, or the 3500 mah from seido, either one i will have tested for quality when i get it to make sure im getting what i believe to be my moneys worth.
batteries plus will test batteries for you for free if you can find a location near you.

Upvote 0
Same here, but the weird thing is it seems to have behaved in two steps:

First few days = couple hours longer the S 1750

Since then = no better than stock 1300 and less than the 1750.

The weird thing is it is staying at the 1300 level, but not dropping down more to continue the down trend.

Went back to 1750. Like the bezel protection anyways with the silicon case. $13 experiment and sunk cost. Still, I could have bought a 12 pack of Sammies for that :(

Man that sucks, I'm hoping my continues to stay strong, either way as soon as I sell one of my 2150 batteries I'm gonna order the 3500 and send this one to Dustin to test . So far it's blowing away both my 2150 in life , I'm getting upward of 40hrs up and 14hrs awake with the HongKong battery

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones