• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

eBay bid crashed and burned...

Caloy

Android Expert
Jan 16, 2010
Richmond, TX
Well I guess that's it for my eBay bid, first there were two bids, one suddenly finished when someone bought the phone for $700. Had one bid active, saw anther one and placed a bid on that too. Two hours and 40 minutes left and both have crashed and burned. I can't believe how many people will pay such a steep price for getting this phone a week or two ahead of time. Oh well, at least I still have an Appointment to get my Evo at Best Buy on Friday. :D

You mean 2 Fridays
Well I guess that's it for my eBay bid, first there were two bids, one suddenly finished when someone bought the phone for $700. Had one bid active, saw anther one and placed a bid on that too. Two hours and 40 minutes left and both have crashed and burned. I can't believe how many people will pay such a steep price for getting this phone a week or two ahead of time. Oh well, at least I still have an Appointment to get my Evo at Best Buy on Friday. :D

Upvote 0
congrats. how soon u getting it?

I gave the gal who I bought it from, some extra cash, so she'll be sending it UPS overnight.

I see there's still a few more Evo's that'll expire within the next 4 hours. Some of them have been closing for under $600 (no, I have no regrets). So if you're willing to pay between $500-$600, it may not be a bad idea to keep on eBay.

Upvote 0
i had a couple of people that were willing to put it up on ebay for me at a price of 520 with overnight shipping. I declined since i was able to fine one for 450 and one for 470. received the one for 450 saturday and the one for 470 should be here tuesday. let me contact them and see if they still have them tomorrow.

Upvote 0
one just popped up on ebay for 550 shipped! use bing to get 8% off!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120574004646&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1151

Thanks! let me know if you find one for closer to retail price. :)

Upvote 0
True but if i'm going to pay that much i might as well just wait til the 4th and get it cheaper lol :p i'm trying to get one cheap like you

not much cheaper, after you add the tax to 450 at sprint your looking at 480. and no one has confirmed how many or if sprint is getting it on the 4th. then radioshack is charging 500 plus tax and best buy is charging 600 plus tax.

but im still looking and ill post if i find one cheaper!

Upvote 0
well of couse if you can get it for 199 by all means wait, why would u even try to spend 400-500 bucks on it. no patiences? lol however for people that dont wanna sign a contract or are still under contract this is a way to get it for the same price but 11 days early.

also guys if you find one on buy it now dont forget to use bing.com for 8% off

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones