• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Ebay: List of fake battery sellers (and my opinions about them)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gearu

Android Expert
Apr 13, 2011
My opinions:

List any sellers here that you receive fake batteries from.
I'll start with member talklinesales whose shop is FoneM8

Not only do they claim they are genuine, but the picture shows Made in Korea on the label, without finished in china. I know some genuine ones are finished in china but these ones are fake, and not only do they die within 2 hours, the phone just goes off, no low battery warning, just dead.

My advice: Do Not Buy

I know this is a little off topic but in the same vain... There are a bunch of sellers selling fake 32GB MicroSD cards also, which a lot of SGS2 users incl me are buying.

One I got was from Happy*Christmas in Singapore. However I noticed a pattern of users setup only couple of months ago. They each have around 8 positive user ratings and these ratings are themselves from users who had no more than about 5 transactions on their history , usually for the same product. I complained to eBay but it was a waste of time, they throw their hands up and say we can't police this activity...

Upvote 0
I know this is a little off topic but in the same vain... There are a bunch of sellers selling fake 32GB MicroSD cards also, which a lot of SGS2 users incl me are buying.

One I got was from Happy*Christmas in Singapore. However I noticed a pattern of users setup only couple of months ago. They each have around 8 positive user ratings and these ratings are themselves from users who had no more than about 5 transactions on their history , usually for the same product. I complained to eBay but it was a waste of time, they throw their hands up and say we can't police this activity...

Having had the misfortune to lose money to a flash memory scammer, I sympathise with you. I am quite a big fan of eBay (and indeed I bought a super cheap battery for my SGS2 for

Upvote 0
Threads such as this one have the potential to be a public service to Android Forums members, but also can be a slippery slope to little product/seller wars.

Sorry, but I've decide to close this.

276415832.png

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones