• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

eBuddy Hijacks your Status

adamajah

Jan 26, 2010
So, I've been using ebuddy as an AIM and gtalk client for a couple weeks now and diggin' it... BUT the other day a buddy IM'd me and said "Hey eBuddy looks cool... you like it?" and I was confused and didn't know how she knew I was using eBuddy. SO, I IM'd myself on my computer and saw that eBuddy had hijacked my status with "- on my mobile with eBuddy www.ebuddy.com/android".

It made me sad. :( If I enter in my own personal status, is still appends it with the above self-promoting message.

Anyone know how to disable this?

Maybe Meebo is worth a look?

Thanks

I'm sorry but bluenova - do you work there? Because I just ran Nimbuzz for a while and it made my phone just as unsable as before. Maybe this is OK for 1Ghz phones, but on my i7500 I can't deal with such a performance degrade. Maybe I'm running too many protocols or the there is a problem with a certain protocol you don't use, however I find that unlikely since that should be handled serverside..

Upvote 0
I don't like apps that does that, I tried ebuddy and the first day my sister messeaged me "you have an android?", lol my sister didn't know what phone I have. There's a couple other message apps out there that broadcast it as well, I'm using IMEasy for now (I think dev pulled it off the Market for some reason) since it allows me to increase the font size whereas none of the other msg apps do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones