1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Echo hacks?

Discussion in 'Amazon Echo' started by asianrocker, Jul 3, 2017.

1. asianrocker

asianrocker Android Enthusiast

Just new in the game. Never thought I would buy one. I am one of those that said - what does this echo can do that my smart phone can't? I answered my own question - BT speaker. LOL.

Yeah, always wanted to buy a BT speaker and when I was at best buy in mall of america, testing all 3 'alexas'. I suddenly realized, wait a minute, this IS also a BT speaker! Then BAM! I knew I have to have the biggest of them all and the original - echo.

So yeah then I blackbelt goggle-fu what I can do with this smart speaker and was blown away how I am so LATE in the game. They have a LOT of IFTTT's and stringify's and the likes that I am absolutely clueless what to do with them. I had installed and uninstalled both many times coz I don't know how to work it. Most of the 'triggers' anyway I feel are a joke. LOL.

Now, who can tell me PLEASE to make make my echo function as radio alarm clock? I have read about and tried the recording your voice 'hack' it works but it's a joke

Anyone who has a better one?. I read there's an IFTTT for that but can't seem to find it?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. asianrocker

Nothing huh? I will start. I found this to be really interesting.

Reverb. It's an app on playstore. Some people say it's the echo dot on your phone, I say it's the fire TV remote.

Tested it and I turn off my mic on my echo but I speak on the reverb app on my phone, alexa hears my commands. Even on the area that is way far away from the alexa unit.

3. asianrocker

4. asianrocker

Ok so far this is the best hack I've seen:

LOOOOOOOOL. :oops: