1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Echo??? Try removing your case

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by a320ca, Dec 27, 2011.

1. a320ca

a320ca Newbie

Ok, for those that have had others tell them their phone has a bad echo on their end, try removing your case. When I first got my SR and ran it naked, the audio on both ends was loud and clear. Then I put a SGP Neo Hybrid on it and everyone told me I had a bad echo on their end (even though my side was still loud and clear). I removed the case and no more echo! Others with both the Neo Hybrid and Otterbox Commuter have had similar results.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

The skyrocket has two mics... one up top and one below,

I have noticed many of these cases block one if not both

3. a320ca

a320ca Newbie

Yep. Many of these cases have mic holes that are too small and thus if not "perfectly" lined up directly over the hole you will get echo. I'm looking now at other cases whose hole is larger.

4. lsusaintsnme

lsusaintsnme Lurker

I have a defender, and use speaker phone a lot. When I do, the other person hears an echo. I even tried turning on noise cancellation but it still echoes. The rep. at AT&T store told me "just buy a bluetooth headset". I told him I purchase a phone with speaker capability for the purpose of using that feature, and a bluetooth would not fix my speaker problem, just cost me more money. I returned several but they all seem to do the same thing. So this is what I did. I took a drill and made the hole for the mics larger and it seems to work. However in so doing, I scratched the front screen. So if you try this be very careful.

5. Midiman

Midiman Well-Known Member

Yeah. I saw that in another post. So now we're complaining about both echos and your perception of what voice dialing is all about in multiple places. Where would you like to move next?

6. lsusaintsnme

lsusaintsnme Lurker

Well let me see....Where to next? lol

I'm not complaining, I'm explaining. lol

7. Midiman

Midiman Well-Known Member

Your audience is shrinking.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1850mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews