1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Echo when using phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jpfotoz, Oct 12, 2012.

1. jpfotoz

jpfotoz Member

Oct 2, 2012
    I'm sure this has been posted before but I haven't found a clear answer.

When I talk to someone on my SII (ICS 4.0.4) - they complain of an echo. I've seen where I can flip off the noice cancellation - but that's for every call.

Is there a fix for this or some setting I'm not finding. Or am I stuck with having to adjust the phone for every call?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. jonello88

jonello88 New Member

Jan 6, 2013
    Hello all its nice to meet you. I too have that problem along with apps randomly starting up. its really weird. I was actually doing a search on how to tell if my phone is bugged.

3. elefantu_roz

elefantu_roz New Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Male
    Telecom Tehnician
    Bucharest
    Hi there!

I too had the same problem with my SGS 2. It first happened after i bought a protection case. At first i thought the case was to blame, so i removed it. Things got a little better, but the problem did not disappear. The weird thing was that a friend of mine had bought the same kind of phone about 3 months prior to me and he had absolutely no problem.
    So i decided to take it to warranty, since i couldn't find a solution to my problem anywhere on the internet. Surprisingly, the guy at the service point said it was a known issue for a series of devices and it would only take him a half an hour to solve my problem. Seems there was a problem with the positioning of the microphone and speaker inside the phone and all he had to do was reposition the speaker. These being said, i have had no problem with the echo since.

Hope this helps solve your issue!:)