• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

eclair troubles! urgent help plsss!!:(

razik

Lurker
Nov 29, 2010
ok...to start off..don get ne wrong, but I love my phone!
iv upgraded to 2.1 but hit some hard walls..i need to get em cleared,so help me out here guys...lemme list down my probs..
1. my first mistake was tt I din knw tt we had to get new version on backup n restore to upgrade..i did it wit the base version on bacup n restore..now I guess TAT caused me some probs.
2. I used to use android keyboard.but aftr the upgrade, iv lost all my built-in dictionary.not jus the words iv entered,but also the words tt wer alredy ter tat used to predict my words.tts a huge loss to me coz im findin it pretty hard to use te android keyboard witout it n im not a big fan of any othr keyboard.pls tell me how to fix tt..how to get the original dictionary back.can I download it from somewhr? n pls don tell me to use anothr keyboard.im jus not interested.
2. I cant install the lastest backup n restore. I downloaded the latest one on my phone, but its not getin installed.i used astro to install n it tried installin it n said tt it cannot b installed.i tried to uninstall te previous version on backup n restore from applications, but ters no option for uninstallin.
3. is ter any way to get back to the base version on my phone?as in..the way it was wen I bought it?i was thinkin abt goin back to the base version n fixin all the probs bfre upgradin it.
4. the pics from contacts look blurre durin a call..iv read loots of forums complainin this but noone had a solution.
so pls guys..help me out wit these probs!
thanks in advance:)

From the Forum Rules & Guidelines, General Conduct section:

if someone comes here and asks a question, either answer it or don't.

also

Please don't make pointless rude/nonconstructive replies.

If you're not prepared to help newcomers to our community, then please move onto another topic.

Upvote 0
I will try and answer what I can...

1. my first mistake was tt I din knw tt we had to get new version on backup n restore to upgrade..i did it wit the base version on bacup n restore..now I guess TAT caused me some probs.

Try typing in to your browser on your phone m.sonyericsson.com/backup and this should download the app for you.

2. I used to use android keyboard.but aftr the upgrade, iv lost all my built-in dictionary.not jus the words iv entered,but also the words tt wer alredy ter tat used to predict my words.tts a huge loss to me coz im findin it pretty hard to use te android keyboard witout it n im not a big fan of any othr keyboard.pls tell me how to fix tt..how to get the original dictionary back.can I download it from somewhr? n pls don tell me to use anothr keyboard.im jus not interested.

On the keyboard front if you are not prepared to use another keyboard then I can't really help. Sorry. There is a brilliant keyboard called HTC_IME and a thread dedicated to installing it and I would encourage you to open your mind a little and give it a go.

2. I cant install the lastest backup n restore. I downloaded the latest one on my phone, but its not getin installed.i used astro to install n it tried installin it n said tt it cannot b installed.i tried to uninstall te previous version on backup n restore from applications, but ters no option for uninstallin.

Try typing in to your browser on your phone m.sonyericsson.com/backup and this should download the app for you. You may need to go into your settings and under Applications tick the Unknown Sources box. I have just tried this on my X8 as my 10 already had the upto date version and it worked. Once this item is tick it gave me the Package Installer screen and just select install.

3. is ter any way to get back to the base version on my phone?as in..the way it was wen I bought it?i was thinkin abt goin back to the base version n fixin all the probs bfre upgradin it.

Possibly, but I don't know how - sorry!

4. the pics from contacts look blurre durin a call..iv read loots of forums complainin this but noone had a solution.

The only solution that I have seen on this is to reset your contact picture from your album again.

Hope some of it helps. If anyone else has something constructive to add, then please do!

Reactions: Slug
Upvote 0
thanks there buddy..
im downloadin the htc keyboard.hope theres a built in dictionary :)
btw...abt the backup n restore..i tried all te things u said.actually tats how i had tried to install the new version.but it jus says tt 'it cannot b installed'...im thinkin abt rootin my phone n removin the back up n restore i hav in my fone n then installin the new version.
think tats a bad idea??
enlighten me..neways..thanks a tonne :)

Upvote 0
Yes you could root and remove that app, I don't know enough about that to advise you to be honest. I just wonder what it is you want to back up.... you can get round most of the things it backs up by using the app itself to back up.

The app covers Bookmarks, call log, contacts (if not synced) Market apps, sms/mms, playnow, system settings (?)

For example in Phonebook select Menu>Backup Contacts and then choose SIM or Memory card. You can also set your phone up to sync so that your contacts are online with either Google or Sony.

With messaging you can use a third party app like SMS Backup and Restore to back them up to your SD card.

Market application can be synced with Appbrain app on your phone and then online with their website and many people have said that that is better than what SE provide in their app.

As far as I can see everything else can be set up again if you have to wipe your phone.

Upvote 0
ok...to start off..don get ne wrong, but I love my phone!
iv upgraded to 2.1 but hit some hard walls..i need to get em cleared,so help me out here guys...lemme list down my probs..
so pls guys..help me out wit these probs!
thanks in advance:)

Obiviously he was using his phone stock keyboard to post this (and we all know how painful it is

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones