1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root ECLIPSE 1.2 for Charge

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by countrycoyote, Feb 4, 2012.

1. countrycoyote

countrycoyote Lurker
    None

Dec 5, 2011
    Eclipse 1.2 for Droid Charge running GB is one clean, smooth running fast ROM. Add Peanutbutta Jelly Time Kernel 130 & you're smoking hot. I've tried almost all ROMs for the Charge & Eclipse is by far the best yet. the only other ROM that comes close is Humble 5.0.

Link: • View topic - [ROM] Eclipse Charge v1.2

Advertisement

2. trparky

trparky Android Enthusiast
    None

I've been running TweakStock on my phone by dwitherell. Simple ROM that's largely based on stock but tweaked for performance.

3. Blacklight82

Blacklight82 Well-Known Member
    None

May 31, 2010
    This is by far the best Rom I've tried for the Droid Charge. Tried the stock debloat and Tweak but they always seemed to slow down after about 5 hours. A reboot fixes it but it happens again.
    Eclipse has yet to slow down on me even after a day of heavy usage. The only thing I miss from Tweak/stock Samsung is the alarm clock. I prefer the swipe to dismiss or snooze. I don't like the stock Android one.
    Also the browser is not buttery smooth when scrolling/pinching like the stock Samsung one and I can't change the user agent to desktop. I've tried practically all of the browsers in the Market and only Opera has the same smoothness but I'm not a fan of it for other reasons. Just something minor that bothers me.

4. HBLush

HBLush Member
    None

Jun 23, 2011
    you should try alarmdroid. So many options and it hasn't failed me in the year I have used it.

5. Blacklight82

None

May 31, 2010
    Thanks. I'll give it a shot.

6. dwitherell

dwitherell Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 24, 2011
    Sorry to hear about the slow down - to be honest that's the first I've heard of such a rapid performance decrease. Makes me think the fault may lie elsewhere, but I suppose that's a moot point for you now. That's the nice thing about options - glad to hear there was one that worked for ya!

7. Cilraaz

Cilraaz Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 14, 2010
    I'd agree that a loss of performance happening that rapidly would almost certainly have to be a memory leak or data corruption (likely from an app or restored data), but as you said, it looks like a moot point now.

Also, for anyone interested, Eclipse is up to version 1.4 now!

8. Blacklight82

None

May 31, 2010
    Lol. Went back to TweakStock. :)
    Couldn't live without the alarm and smooth browser, plus it's a great Rom. Had a couple of problems with some apps in Eclipse.
    To remedy the slow down I encounter, I use an app called FastReboot and have it set to every time I unlock the phone.