1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Eclipse debugger is skipping instructions!

Discussion in 'Application Development' started by ClarkBattle, Jul 23, 2010.

1. ClarkBattle

ClarkBattle New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    I am debugging an app that tests an API I wrote. There is a section of code that simply reads a DB cursor like this:

Cursor row = mDatabase.query("properties", null, where, null, null, null, null, null);
    if( row != null )
    {
    if( row.moveToFirst() ) // A
    {
    int n=row.getColumnIndexOrThrow("value");
    value = row.getString( n ); // B
    }
    }

The debugger steps through line at a time until it gets to the line commented // A. The next line the debugger gets to is the line commented // B!!! It completely skips over the "int n =..." line. Even stranger, at that point the int n is not listed as being in scope at all. Basically, as soon as it executes any method on row the debugger skips.

I also have to step twice over each clause in any conditional. So this: if( a==2 || b==4 ) would require four "step over" actions to get past it. Very strange.

I re-installed the latest version of eclipse with the latest ADB and the latest emulator. It still happens. I emptied the bin directory before building so that its a completely clean build. This is running against Android 2.0, which is a requirement. I am on Windows 7 64 bit with a 32 bit installation of eclipse.

Has anyone seen this strange debugger behavior? What should I try to do?

Thanks.

Advertisement