1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Apps Eclipse, DTD, Namespace

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by droidtech1, Apr 2, 2011.

1. droidtech1

droidtech1 Lurker
    None

Mar 28, 2011
    I used the standard way to setup a new android project(eclipse-file-new-androidproject). I am encoutering an annoying warning in all my xml files in eclipse. This warning comes in the form of a fuzzy yellow line under/through all the text in the file(making it very hard to read). When I hover over this line I get the "no grammer constraints (dtd or xml) detected for document. If I right click the file in the left panel and click validate it says no errors or warnings. Why eclipse chooses to tell me my xml file has no errors by putting a fuzzy yellow line through everything I have no idea.

I can run my android app on avd emulator with no problem so I assume this is just something superficial and eclipse telling me to worry about something which I don't need to at this point.

So firstly can I remove this fuzzy underline from all my text in some kind of visual/validation preferences? I have tried changing all the "validation" settings in windows-preferences with zero effect.

Secondly, since the default android "sudoku" tutorial project didn't show these errors in xml files, I can think the only difference in my own project is the package namespace? I understand from my research though, that I was meant to choose a completley unique namespace(com.mydomainname.myprojectname)-which I have done. I can only think some kind of XML/dtd/validation reference was attached to the sudoku/tutorial project namespace that was lost when I started a new project and specified my own package namespace? Or maybe the package namespace is completley unrelated... however I did read something somewhere linking the 2 so I thought I would put it out there since it is also the only difference I can think of between my new project and the default/tutorial one.

I have <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> at the start of every xml file by default of course, I tried adding random xml dtds I found after this but they did not have any effect.

So I really need to know how do I either make eclipse validate my xml properly to whatever end it seems to need by configuring some xml dtd somewhere...... or simply get rid of the fuzzy yellow line in some kind of visual preference?

I have researched all these elements individually, but can't find anywhere that describes a solution to my problem specifically, all I have found are either vague references or different problems.

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. droidtech1

droidtech1 Lurker
    None

Mar 28, 2011
    I did actually find the visual preference, I only didn't realise it because I only restarted the eclipse client after I wrote this post and the visual settings didn't change until I restarted, will remember that is a necessary step next time.

Still curious about the dtd and namespace connection? If there is one.