1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Eclipse is crashing for the first time

Discussion in 'Application Development' started by StevenHu, Nov 14, 2012.

1. StevenHu

StevenHu Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Male
    Webmaster
    Orange County
    I recently clicked on the Eclipse icon in my Mountain Lion OS X Mac's dock, then a notice popped up about updating Java. I clicked on its install button. Now the icon just bounces in the dock and then a message says that its stopped and to report to Apple. It never started up.

Thinking I should use a fresh Eclipse install, I next downloaded a later version of Eclipse -- and that one doesn't start up either! Just crashes like the other one.

Thinking I should use a fresh install of Java, I downloaded Java for the Mac from here: Download Apple Java for Mac - For OS X Lion & Mountain Lion. MacUpdate.com

I installed it, tried Eclipse again, and it still crashed. Anybody know what to do next?

Advertisement

2. samogorm

samogorm New Member

Oct 21, 2013
    Hi, I had this problem too on a Mac. I removed Eclipse from my computer and then downloaded it again then re-installed everything and it has worked fine since. I downloaded the file from the Android developer website, under downloads.

(I would include a link, but since this is my first post I'm not allowed to include links or images in case it it's spam)

Hope this helped!