• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Edit camera vidoes to send by sms

The size of your video is not the problem, it is the Frame rate and bit size.
The size of the video file is certainly the problem. Lowering the frame rate and bit rate does result in smaller files but you can't MMS a large video file that exceeds the limit even if it has a low frame/bit rate.

I think someone should develop an app that can cut full quality videos down to Mms quality without touching the original.
It would be useful. I wonder how processor/battery intensive it would be though.

Upvote 0
I don't know about video, but I was trying to send ringtones and it kept telling me they were to large. So I downloaded handcent message app from the market. You can actually change the size of the messages sent in it's settings. It worked like a charm. But as I said, I don't know if it will work for videos but it is worth a shot.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Brilliant, this is exactly what i was looking for. Cheers!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones