1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Edit: DX2 issues I have not seen posted (but self-inflicted)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rushmore, May 25, 2011.

1. rushmore

rushmore Extreme Android User

I posted a review of the DX2, but am having some issues that are raining on the parade-

1. Browser not going in desktop mode for Flash.

Added: NOPE, the desktop browser issue I was having was due to using my Incredible Titanium back-up. Should have figured some adjustments would be needed- browser is one of em.

2. I tried to use Xscope browser, which appeared to see a page as desktop mode, but when trying to play a Flash video, the display went blank and then the device rebooted as if turned off (Happened when I got an incoming call but can not replicate it)

I can say without doubt that I have NEVER had a device reboot cold on me when trying to watch a Flash video.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. rushmore

Never mind I am stupid. Blur apparently works differently then Sense, so default browser had to be set again.

I did notice that the flash video that crashed happened when I got a phone call.

Anybody else have this issue before?

3. jntdroid

jntdroid Android Enthusiast

haven't tried yet, but it's weird software issues like that I'm having with other apps that are starting to bug me...

I've mentioned my Dropbox issue before (fc's after downloading a file). Yesterday as I was trying to refresh radar on Weatherbug, it kept closing on me. I rebooted, didn't matter... I'd open Weatherbug, and it would immediately close back out. Mototorch LED, which works on all other Android phones, doesn't work on this one. FrameMe, another smaller app I use doesn't work right - while, again, working on every other current phone. Navigation worked ok, but when I was sitting still, it couldn't hold a lock on me, kept relocking, re-telling me instructions, etc.

It's almost like there was an OS update the way things are acting...

4. Heelpir8

Heelpir8 Member

Zero problems here using the stock browser with Flash 10.3 installed.

5. jntdroid

jntdroid Android Enthusiast

add to my list of weirdness... tried to do "update all" of about 5 or so apps in my market, and the market FC'd on me... it's done that to me before on "update all"...

6. rushmore

I have had the market FC issue on the gTablet, but not so far on the X2.

Have not been able to emulate the Flash crash I had and Dolphin is working now.

Spaz attack- me guilty.

Dolphin HD looks sweet on the display and being able to use the display outside and with the sun out is even sweeter. No way with the Incredible.

Still could not replicate the Flash crash with incoming calls. I wonder if something to do with me doing a batch Titanium restore of user apps & data? I did not do a system update- that WOULD be silly, coming from the Incredible to an X2.

Motorola Droid X2 Forum

The Motorola Droid X2 release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1540mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews