• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Edit ICE Contacts

Well it looks like that's exactly what's going to happen.

Thanks so much to everyone that helped! </sarcasm>

Easy there! You posted about 1pm it's now 3pm, many people are at work. Activity isn't very high right now in the forums. Rather than going by the wayside it's entirely possible that the problem is that someone who has the answer to your question hasn't gotten to it yet.

I'm watching the thread because I didn't know it was possible to set ICE contacts with this phone. I was hoping that by seeing someone answer to you as to how to "undo" it I can learn how to do it. Preferably without the going into emergency mode situation you are referring to ;).

Upvote 0
Is this the point where we all do the V8 slap (not to be confused with a face palm) and say 'well duh' ?
Good clear thinking NKT.

Dunno...

Are the contacts synced via Google?

Is there a number code programed into the contact that could be causing the phone to go into emergency mode?

But yea, first thing I would try is removing and re-adding.

Upvote 0
Well I know it's not associated with the contact. I remember adding them through a hidden menu screen accessed from the dialer, and I didn't select a contact, I typed in the phone number manually. So whenever I happen to dial that number, whether its in my contacts or not, my phone switches to emergency mode. :x

Awful. I think the ##program menu was different in 1.5 than 2.1... Hell. I'm gonna have to wipe again, aren't I? D:

Upvote 0
When I got my Droid Incredible, I asked one to the sales staff where you could enter this information. There is a way but it is buried so deep that I cannot even remember how to get to it. I am going to go back to that person and have them show me in detail.

There is an free ICE app but I didn't get it to work. The pay for version may work better. The thing is getting the details on how to set it up and activate it.

If I find out something, I will post it here.

I don't think you will find anything on MyVerizon but worth a try.

Upvote 0
So somehow I added my parents to my ICE contacts, and every time I call them, my phone goes into emergency mode. I remember adding them via something like ##setup, but when I go there, I don't see them under ICE contacts. Help! I'm tired of having to exit emergency mode.

Go into the application manager and clear cache and data on the phone app, Gmail, Gmail Storage and the contacts app (contacts will resync, of course), then reboot your device.

Then update your PRL.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones