1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support EDIT: Where did my space go?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mplevy, Jun 28, 2011.

1. mplevy

mplevy Android Expert
    None

Nov 13, 2009
    New York, USA
    This morning, seemingly out of the blue, I got the low space warning. I've removed 10 or so apps, cleared the data from several others and for some reason it STILL shows low on space. I plugged into my computer, it shows 111 MB of 12 GB free but I can't find what's using it.

Any ideas? I haven't installed anything new in the last couple days, really only used it for playing Angry Birds, WWF and Navy Wars (Battleship). Is it possible the 3.1 update is caching to my tablet? If so, why would it be using SO MUCH space?

I have 85 apps on the app list, including the stock stuff.

EDIT:
    it's not letting me install ANY app updates despite there being 400 MB free. I may do a factory reset when I get home and see what happens...

Advertisement

2. splatoid

splatoid Android Enthusiast
    None

May 12, 2011
    Repair Technician for Grocery stores Auto meat wra
    Washington State
    Did you do a factory reset did it sort things out for you?

3. mplevy

mplevy Android Expert
    None

Nov 13, 2009
    New York, USA
    90% of the apps I previously had installed are using less than 1 GB of space. I have NO CLUE where all that data came from.

What's terrible is that even though I have it set to sync my apps to Google it never forced all of them back to the device. Also lost all my progress in Angry Birds and PvZ...

4. redpanda

redpanda Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 24, 2010
    Same thing happened to me. I left it on overnight and when I woke up there was a low-space warning, with 90 percent of the data taken up by applications. But looking at the applications list and digging around in astro, I couldn't find the culprit. I wonder if there's a poorly coded app out there causing the problem.

5. mplevy

mplevy Android Expert
    None

Nov 13, 2009
    New York, USA
    Someone I work with had an interesting idea. Possibly Music caching my entire collection from Music Beta, causing the unexpected space use. However, Music only said it was using 600 MB, and I cleared the data for it.