• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

(edited) OEM unlocking not in Dev ops.

To my above statement ,

Just wanted to brag, for my first time I figured out how to Install TWRP, Flash CM 14.1, Install 7.1 GApps, and change my boot animations, for my very first ROOT and flash on my n900T Note 3 5.0.1 LP from T-mobile running on MetroPCS service and its stable and running great.

This process taught me to use ODIN , ADB sideload (basic commands), Flashify.

I bricked my phone 6 times doing this process but was able to to learn some valuable Information on TWRP recovery. Im so happy i took all the advice and made several backups to make sure i always had a way out.

First i used an MD5 file from Chainfire called CF-Auto root
After obtaining ROOT i backed up a recovery using TWRP 3.1, i made 2 copies 1 to my PC and one to my extSD card
I flashed lineage-14.1-20170426-UNOFFICIAL-hlte using adb and decided that it was pretty unstable and trying to update and make stable i ended up in a Boot Loop.

So i recovered back to stock recovery.img using TWRP and decided to try EffortLess+ROM-REV+8. I was amazed in how wonderful this ROM was putting me on 4.4 KK. I forgot how awesome KitKat os was and actually used it for a few days until i decided it just seemed to stock and wanted to try more. so i wondered around XDA for a day and found guides and links to install CM 14.1 7.1 N version for my phone and its pretty cool.

Boot animations were pretty easy after i figured out that samsung uses QMG files for start and end animations on there phones.

Anyways i found a new love for my cell phones and just wanted to state this is my first expirience in flashing and recovery and Rooting and now im an Addict.

If you have any questions on Rooting or Flashing your N900T i would be more than happy to Help with just the issues i ran into and overcame just by reading this forum XDA forum and google.

This is gonna be a whole new Hobby for me.

If you read this , Thanks!

Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0
I was thinking about rooting my N900t note 3 but the OEM in unlock option isn't in the Dev ops. Running LP 5.0 anyone that can push me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
Hi there I am an absolute noob with phones :D totally deleted my miscellaneous files to make space for my phone only to later realize all my recordings are GONE! I'm trying to do a file restore. I can't seem to find the OEM option on my Samsung galaxy note 3 you seem to look like you figured it out? Any advice/tips? All help would be appreciated thanks!
Rose

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones