• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Edited Vold.fstab for Alpha 2

Rabid1

Android Enthusiast
Jul 15, 2011
PLEASE READ EVERYTHING BEFORE PROCEEDING <ALWAYS BACKUP ANY FILES YOU MAY BE CHANGING>
If by using this mod the world comes to and end, or you are suddenly sucked back in time only to accidentally kill your grandfather leaving your future uncertain, I take no responsibility for the consequences. Oh yeah. same thing if it screws up your tablet. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I have an edited vold.fstab for the Alpha 2 ICS and Gingerbread . It will swap the internal storage with the external storage for the /mnt/sdcard. So instead of the system only having 2.7GB it will have, as in my case 29GB ready to use. So far I have not come across any issues installing new app or using system apps.

You will need adb drivers installed to use the .cmd file included. Just unzip and run the .cmd file when you are ready. It will overwrite the existing and place a voldorig.fstab on the tablet in case you have issues.

Before running it would be best to back up any apps and data you are currently using. Once run it will replace the internal memory with the external microsd so you will not have access to any data you currently have saved under /mnt/sdcard.

Remember as with any mod you use it at your own risk, but of course I will help out with any problems you may have.

ICS DOWNLOAD

GINGERBREAD DOWNLOAD

7298020436_4571421e66.jpg

Reactions: tenchi71

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones