1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Editing an Android xml file crashes eclipse

Discussion in 'Application Development' started by jon21569, Feb 23, 2010.

1. jon21569

jon21569 Member

Aug 10, 2008
    Eclipse keeps crashing when I make too many changes to an android xml layout file. After making a certain amount of changes I get a "Problem Occurred - Save Failed - No More handles" error message box, and then eclipse crashes. This is on

Eclipse Galileo
    Version 3.5.1
    Build id: M20090917-0800

Is there a new version of eclipse that does not have this crash issue? Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. LStrike

LStrike New Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Hamburg
    Have you tried a new workspace? Sometimes eclipse broke your workspace and you have to make a new one.

3. jon21569

jon21569 Member

Aug 10, 2008
    Thanks for the suggestion, but Eclipse is still crashing. I created a new workspace and new Android project, but I can still make Eclipse crash by changing the xml layout file.

4. Kcarpenter

Kcarpenter New Member

May 5, 2010
    I started having the same issue last night.
    After editing the main.xml - Really just playing with buttons and layout changes while I get used to how Android does these things.

It seems like after you add and remove soo many things from the form it craps out on you.

I also noticed if I throw a gridView in, the Properties window flashes constantly, almost like it is loading the properties pane over and over again.

Has anyone found a way around this other than to start your app over?
    Thats a hell of a waste of code time. Especially with the limited time I get to actually do this stuff any more.

5. zulluadi

zulluadi New Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Same problem here. Is there any solution for this?

6. Stigy

Stigy Some say...

Nov 5, 2009
    Male