• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root editing BB memory manager

Legacystar

Android Enthusiast
Nov 10, 2009
does anyone know how to tweek memory manager in BB v.4 so it keep sless ram free. im having horrible problems with my launcher redrawing every single time i go back to it. i think the memory manager is just keeping to much free so i wanna try and lower it and see if it helps. i poked my head into the Install_recovery file but i dont know what numbers to change. anyone know what numbers i need to have say, 20mb free?

i kind of wish i had known that before i had gone ahead and switched to this rom. Which, by the way, i love much more than BB simply because no redraws. Also, excellent battery life. Really excellent. (edit: yes, i did wipe data/cache)

Upvote 0
I am thinking about trying a FRG ROM myself - I wanted to put 928's Black theme but the link here to the MediaFire file is saying the file is currently private.

Plus, not sure how well a virginal ROM will like my 165+ apps :D

I just tried this DL link for the BB v0.4 928Droid Black Glass and it DL'd fine for me:
928DroidBlackGlass2-2-BB-0-4-update.zip

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones