• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help editing contacts in messaging

hcmustard

Lurker
Dec 2, 2010
I have the X10, but I've found the same issue (unanswered) posted on other phone sections so it doesn't seem to be phone specific, hence why I am trying in general android section

I synced my google contacts by mistake. This added all my email contacts in gmail to my messaging app.
However they do not show up in the phonebook so I cannot remove them from there.

They are only when I goto messaging, add recipient.. in that list.. In here I cannot long press to remove nor are there any menu button settings.

I tried clearing data for messaging, but it did not clear them

I am not sure where else to check to remove these extra ones.

Thanks I didn't notice that before.

However not quite what I'm looking for.
That only edits what I see in the regular contact book.
That was always fine for me.

When I go into messaging and add recipient, it has a whole different list then whats in my contact book, including any email address I every emailed from gmail.. I obviously dont want this in my messaging SMS section..

I do not see these same addresses show up anywhere else.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones