• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Editing IMAP settings in the mail app?

probedb

Jul 18, 2010
UK
Hi folks,

Just got this phone today and have to say I'm impressed in general.

I have a problem in that all the mail setup seems to be automatic and I can't do a detailed setup, i.e. I can't make sure it's using secure connections for IMAP etc.

It also doesn't seem to be syncing when deleting emails, nor is it sending until I go into the Outbox to force it.

Any thoughts? Or a better app? The default app on HTC Sense allowed all of this.

Cheers,
Paul.

Unfortunately when I go to Incoming Settings, I get the screen asking for user/pass which is fine, but then after requesting details it bounces me back to the main options screen.

Tomorrow I'll try deleting the accounts and adding manually....I hadn't spotted the manual options last night when I tried it.

Upvote 0
However I still have the problem of evertime I refresh it deletes the previous e-mails from the phone and then they will not download onto my MS Outlook.
Any ideas?
Tina

Did you set it to IMAP/POP? You can also change the length of time it'll sync for. I've set it at a month, all my emails stay in the inbox unless I delete them.

Upvote 0
I have tried setting up IMAP but either it won't let me do it or I am not sure how.
If I do it manually it calls up different posrts which I know in POP I have to change to make it work. I have a virgin account and they don't seem to help much. My POP e-mail with Windows mobile 6.1 worked well as long as I didn't download the wholoe message and then they did not delete during the next sync. I think I am getting really lost here and will probably have to resort to webmail.

Upvote 0
I have installed K9 but I still have the d=same problem with e-mails going everytime I sync and still these e-mails will no longer download onto my MS Outlook so unfortuneately this still does not solve my problem. Should I have tried to use IMAP - if so how do I do that.
Any help would be gratefully received.
Thanks in anticiaption

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones