1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Editing Swype keyboard?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jimmykimchi, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Jimmykimchi

Jimmykimchi Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2010
    Motive Energy IT Assistant
    California
    Hey guy's . For a while now since i got the vibrant, i've been using swype. IMHO This is one of the best keyboards out there. but there's a flaw in the keyboard, it's annoying because i always do it! And what i was wondering, is if we can disable it, or delete it all together. In swype keyboard, on the bottom right hand corner, theres a button for the Smiley face. Which is also under the most used backspace key. So you know, whenever i'm trying to delete some text, instead of deleting text, i get a bunch of ":)" it is extremely annoying. I never used this key on purpose, and what i was wondering is that if we could some how delete that smiley button .

Advertisement

2. TuesdayClub

TuesdayClub Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Maybe try a custom keyboard (if it exists)? My issue is the lack of memory for colloquial terms that are used over and over...most text/spell-checks will eventually allow them.

3. Big-Dog

Big-Dog Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Swype learns new words if you include a space after it.

4. Robinelli

Robinelli Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    BSN student
    U.S.
    Yup. It "learns" new words. And if you want to "un-learn" it LOL like let's say you taught it a word by accident, then just highlight the word and hit the swype key and it will let you delete the word from the swype dictionary.

5. mdtolic

mdtolic Guest

How about going to that SWYPE dictionary directly? I was playing with SWYPE a while ago, I mean really messing around with it for no reason at all, and I think I added a whole bunch of nonsense words. (So dumb, I know.) Is there a way to get to the dictionary and delete them there?