1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General EE on lock screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Valiceemo, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Valiceemo

Valiceemo Guest
    None
    The EE carrier logo is on my lock screen and it's bugging me!
    Is there anyway to get rid of it!

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member
    None

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    If you tell us what phone you are using, if it is root-ed, and who your carrier is we will move your question to the appropriate forum.

... Thom

3. Valiceemo

Valiceemo Guest
    None
    Apologies
    I'm on carrier EE in the UK using an LG G2. Phone is not rooted
    Sofreware info

Attached Files:

4. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member
    None

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    Thread moved from Android Lounge.

... Thom

5. !on

!on Android Expert
    None

Aug 14, 2011
    Male
    UK
    I think [rooted] custom roms like cyanogenmod have a setting to customize that text.

6. Valiceemo

Valiceemo Guest
    None
    Ah right ok. I've not looked into rooting yet or custom roms but I will do.

7. stef7

stef7 Android Expert
    None

Dec 29, 2010
    Male
    Systems Engineer
    On the lock screen, you can place your own contact information so that people on the lock screen know who the phone belongs to... and can reach out to return it to the rightful owner. :)

The carrier logo may be there as well. Mine shows Verizon.

I think rather than root your device, if the EE bugs you sooooo much, you might look for a lockscreen replacement program, or if that doesn't work, a launcher replacement that lets you modify the overlaid info...

I would not root a device because of that "EE". Well, I'm an EE by profession so maybe it's less offensive to me. ;)

8. Valiceemo

Valiceemo Guest
    None
    Lol. This wouldn't be the sole reason for rooting at all. I'm undecided on rooting. Not really sure what benefit I personally would get from rooting.
    But I shall have a look at lock screen programmes and / or launchers. Thanks

9. DonaldGreig

DonaldGreig Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 2, 2010
    That's just the carrier ID. Most phones have it in the status bar. I have a Sim free G2 with a Three sim and it shows '3' in the same position. Not sure if even rooting would get rid of this.

10. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique
    None

Nov 8, 2009
    District of Columbia
    Most custom ROMs allow it to be changed on the lock screen. With Verizon, I don't have anything in the status bar indicating service.
    The ROM I'm on now appears I can't change what is said on the lock screen, but I know many can. I'd really look into Widget Locker has an alternative if rooting isn't necessary.

Hadron likes this.
  11. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Was just going to suggest the same: install WidgetLocker and you can choose what's on your lock screen.

12. Valiceemo

Valiceemo Guest
    None
    Thanks for all the input.
    I've tried the go locker app and like the style of the 'modified' lockscreen. BUT, it doesn't work with my LG G2 smart window case.
    Does anyone know if this is fixable?
    Or does anyone know of any lock screen apps that will work with the smart window?

13. stef7

stef7 Android Expert
    None

Dec 29, 2010
    Male
    Systems Engineer
    First off, were you able to get rid of the EE? That was your requirement right? So, now you want to add the additional requirement it has to work with your particular LG QuickWindow case? Seriously? :D

OK, I'm curious now, could you even see the EE when you were using your WindowCase? I've got to know.

Or put another way, what are your real requirements?

I think if there is going to be a lockscreen replacement that might be most compatible (I presume this is location of clock and date? but I'm just guessing), it will be:
    LG Optimus Lockscreen (PlayStore)

But really, I think you're just going to need to experiment.
    You might write to one of the developers of a Lockscreen replacement that gives you almost what you want and ask for more configuration options... Or you might develop your own. :smokingsomb:

14. Valiceemo

Valiceemo Guest
    None
    Sorry I've (somehow!?) offended you stef7.
    No I haven't gotten rid of the ee on the stock lock screen.
    Yes that was my initial requirement. But like most new things I'm making discoveries as I go.
    I was merely asking if anyone knows if what I would like is possible.

My real requirements are to utilize this, what appears to be a very useful source of information with a mostly accepting and knowledgeable member base. Not read dip shit responses from pricks like you.
    If you've got nothing constructive to add, why bother?

15. stef7

stef7 Android Expert
    None

Dec 29, 2010
    Male
    Systems Engineer
    You didn't offend offend me with your initial response. My bad. Perhaps I was being a bit to flippant. Yes, I understand, new user, changing priorities. No probs! Just couldn't tell if we were getting you closer to the goal or not. Evidently not, but then we don't know exactly what you were seeing with the Go Locker app.. evidently the EE was still there, and something didn't line up with the window on your flip case (I'm guessing).

As for your most recent reply - you didn't offend me with that either. I'm old, crusty, thick skinned... Really, people like myself honestly just want to help you enjoy the potential of your device... not put you down. If you feel I did, I apologize.

As for the LG Optimus Lockscreen, that doesn't look like it's going to work... I just tried it myself. My hunch is, a lockscreen replacement isn't going to remove the carrier identification. You are sort of off on your own w.r.t. requirements for this particular aspect of your device's operation, and only experimentation is going to yield a possible solution or more insight.

BTW, I was serious about writing a developer (more than likely will have some detailed knowledge in this area), and then if you can't get what you want and if you are a programmer, maybe you'd want to give development a try.

16. Valiceemo

Valiceemo Guest
    None
    Apology accepted.
    The ee does not appear on the go locker app lock screen. But I lose the window functionality.
    Ill have a play around and try to learn as I do!

LG G2

The LG G2 has a 5.2-inch display with 1080p resolution. It also has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, 2GB of RAM, a 13 megapixel camera, NFC, and more.
Tags: